[1.7.10]Spawning particles in packets or proxies?

yolp900

While I was coding a particle packet (From the server to the client) I tried to use the packet and my proxies to spawn particles. The packet called a function in the Mod.proxy (Which will lead it to the client proxy since it's on the client side, I figured) which used "Minecraft.getMinecraft().effectRenderer.addEffect(entityEffect)" to spawn a particle. that didn't work.

I'm going to sound like a lost man, but I just can't understand: why can't you spawn particles inside packets or in the client proxy?

It might not be the problem at all, but I can't see why it wouldn't work otherwise...

My code: http://pastebin.com/DY2fr1ME

Note: the particle did show up when I used it in the "randomDisplayTick" so I don't think it's a problem in the particle's class.

Hi

I can't tell if it's just the strange formatting or if your code is just really messed up but it looks to me like there are some pretty weird parts in there

for (int i = 0; i < (int)(new Random().nextFloat() * 3000); i++)
  if (!doParticle(world)) return;

I really don't think that will do what you think it does!  Try running through it in your debugger and seeing what happens.

If you cut those two lines out of your method you will see at least one particle, I reckon.

-TGG

Thank you!! That fixed it! I don't even know what went through my mind when I had put return there... My bad!

I think I'll lock the issue, since it is a simple java mistake and not an important method or a big problem that a lot are going to encounter. Thanks again!