[1.7.10-1492] Unexpected packet during modded negotiation

ionprime

Sup!

I have an annoying problem for almost a year with no success in fixing:

[spoiler=Weird thing that happens][20:39:00] [Netty IO #3/ERROR] [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception

java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer

at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_72]

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39) ~[?:1.7.0_72]

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:223) ~[?:1.7.0_72]

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192) ~[?:1.7.0_72]

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:379) ~[?:1.7.0_72]

at io.netty.buffer.UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.setBytes(UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:436) ~[unpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.class:?]

at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:870) ~[AbstractByteBuf.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:208) ~[NioSocketChannel.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:87) [AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:480) [NioEventLoop.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:447) [NioEventLoop.class:?]

at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:341) [NioEventLoop.class:?]

at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) [singleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.7.0_72]

[20:39:00] [server thread/INFO]: Suurin lost connection: TranslatableComponent{key='disconnect.genericReason', args=[internal Exception: java.io.IOException: Соединение сброшено другой стороной], siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}

[20:39:00] [server thread/INFO]: Suurin left the game

However, let me explain it in-depth!

Initially I played w/ friends via 'Open to LAN' feature, where I routed port from router to my PC (I have real static WAN IP).

Later I moved minecraft forge server to my new home server pc and it was perfectly working for a while. Later one of my friends has started to expecting problem with logging into server ([20:33:06] [Netty Client IO #0/INFO] [FML/]: Unexpected packet during modded negotiation - assuming vanilla or keepalives : net.minecraft.network.play.server.S00PacketKeepAlive).

We did almost everything that we was able to do:

• Our mods, configs and forge versions are identical
  • We tried to run identical versions of JVM - it didn't help
  • Host (me) and friend, that have connection problem, changed ISP's (we're living in different towns)
  • Clean server and OS reinstall didn't help too
  • Today another player got the same error

I checked a lot of threads with the same error but in most cases they are trying to log into forge server with vanilla client while we are playing with forge client on forge server.

However, other players are still able to log onto server and play without problems.

There is some logs, maybe someone can help us with this issue.

Client

fml-client-latest.log

Server

fml-server-latest.log

Pls no grammar hammer me, English isn't my native language but I tried my best.

Regards, Andy.

I suggest you try this out on a computer in the same network. Because from the looks of it, this is just a network problem, either on your end or the client's end.

Yeah, I was pretty sure about network, but I tried to host server on my PC instead of home server PC, and my friend tried to play from his GF;s laptop - same issue. It won't disappear even after we both changed our ISP. From now, only Hamachi works for those, who experiencing this issues.

However, we have abosolutely no problems in another games (a LOT of them), and WinMTR shows no packet loss. This is why now I don't think that it's a network problem.