[1.7.10] Obfuscation and ASM

kauan99

I've been delaying this issue since I started using ASM, but now my project is close to a test release and I need to know. These are the doubts:

1) Do minecraft classes and packages change names at runtime?

2) for fields and methods, always use Forge names when deobfuscated and mcp names when obfuscated? Notch names are never used in mod code?

3) mod stuff (names of fields, methods, classes) also get obfuscated?

4)

IClassTransformer.transform

has 2

String

parameters. What's up with that?

that's all. thank you.

WIP mods: easyautomation, easyenergy, easyelectronics, easymoney, easytrasportation, easysecurity, easymultiverse, easyfactions, easymagick, easyalchemy, easyseasons

What are "forge names"?

As said, FML deobfuscates at runtime, to SRG names ("func_xxxx_xx" and the like). So in obfuscated: use SRG names, in dev env use MCP names. To use this in a coremod put @SortingIndex(1001) (or higher) on your IFMLLoadingPlugin.

Oh this was a name mixup on my part then. I called forge names the deobfuscated names we see when coding for Forge. and I called mcp names the func_xxx_xx stuff.

WIP mods: easyautomation, easyenergy, easyelectronics, easymoney, easytrasportation, easysecurity, easymultiverse, easyfactions, easymagick, easyalchemy, easyseasons

wow really cool stuff. Something like that should be into Forge universal, along with the

methods

and

fields

tables. Using that class in my case would be overkill, because I would have to ship the tables along with my mod.

Oh I got it now! I use the func_xxx_xx names in all my code and the class will translate them in case I'm in dev environment. I mixed up the meaning of srg and mcp names again... But I should have understood that from reading the class, and if not from that, from the impossiblity to translate from deobfuscated to obfuscated due to possible duplicates