[1.8] Some vanilla items not found / remapping missing elements

jeffryfisher

After upgrading my mods from 1.7.10 to 1.8, I worried that some of my own blocks and items might not carry over from my old worlds. I never expected to get errors on essential vanilla objects. However, a dozen vanilla items came up missing on my first try with an old (1.7.10) practice SP world (created at 1.6.4 I think).

I've searched both Forge and Google for this phenomenon, and I haven't found much, so I haven't found guidance, and I suspect that it's happening because of something I did (perhaps long ago).

Here's what the errors look like:

[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: There are unidentified mappings in this world - we are going to attempt to process anyway
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:flowing_water, id 8
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:potatoes, id 142
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:cocoa, id 127
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:carrots, id 141
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:cooked_fished, id 350
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:double_wooden_slab, id 125
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:fire, id 51
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:flowing_lava, id 10
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:lava, id 11
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:water, id 9
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:end_portal, id 119
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:double_stone_slab, id 43
[12:17:06] [server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Unidentified item: minecraft:portal, id 90

It's just these 13 items. Do these pertain to corresponding blocks, or just the item-blocks themselves? It would be weird to step into a world from which all lava had been removed. I might find diamonds under former deep-cave lava lakes  :)

I don't see any rhyme or reason for these items to cause problems. My mods don't involve any of them. Any suggestions on how to investigate? Or should I ignore the warnings and "forge" ahead?

My ultimate goal is to upgrade my modded multiplayer server world. I'll back it up and see if I get similar errors there too.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

Because one of my mods absorbed another (changing the modid on a few of my own items and blocks), I'm subscribing to the FMLMissingMappingsEvent. Besides handling my own changed names, I want to handle some missing vanilla items if I can.

Most of the missing "items" are blocks that have no corresponding inventory or drop. Fire? Flowing lava? There are just four worthy of remapping.

Potatoes (plural) remaps to potato (singular); likewise carrots. Cooked_fished remaps to cooked_fish. However, I'm stumped by cocoa. It looks like the cocoa item has been replaced by dye, which has subtypes, cocoa being BROWN.

Looking at the remap methods in FMLMissingMappingsEvent, I don't see how to specify an item subtype. Though it's hardly vital (I can probably replace cocoa stockpiles by adventuring faster than I can figure out how to replace cocoa item stacks by programming), I am curious to know if there's a way.

If not, then perhaps the FMLMissingMappingsEvent needs a remap method that conveys subtype (asserts hasSubtypes=true and then passes along a damage value).

Finally, if anyone has done missing block/item remapping, I'd love to see an example or tutorial so I can check my work.

Thanks!

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.