[1.7.10] [Newbie] Is it possible to disable/enable other mods

Loke

Let me start to admit, that I am very new to Minecraft modding. I have this idea, that I have been toying with for my first mod development project. I would like to have a mod that introduced server community goals, that on completion gave access to more mods on the server. For instance, starting the server with only the most basic mods, having a goal to create a total of 1000 torches, mining 1000 stones, smelting 1000 charcoal, etc. etc., and upon completion activate tinkers construct and Pam's Harvestcraft and then give new goals, that on completion gave access to even more mods.

A sort of like advancing in "ages" in Age of Empires.

Is it possible to do this from within my mod with the Forge libraries? As an alternative, I am considering renaming the jars in the mod folder, but I am a bit intimidated by the task of keeping server and clients synchronized.

All help and suggestions greatly appreciated.

/Loke

You have to consider the fact that some of the mods you mention include worldgen aspects that won't work if you turn off the mod entirely, and won't just retroactively kick in. You may be better off looking into disabling and enabling recipes instead, which several mods have done before.

If anyone has a comprehensive, visual guide to GUIs - don't hesitate to message me. They make my head spin.

It really depends on the mods that you're considering. If it is mostly about making items, entities, and recipes available over time then you can generally do that using the various registries.

The reason why there is a "post-init" phase of the mod loading is to allow mods to interact with each other with confidence that they have been loaded already. You can also check whether a mod is loaded and if it is you can start adjusting the registries to look for things from that mod and edit them according to your need.

But if the mod affects gameplay directly, you probably won't be able to simply turn it on or off unless you're lucky (like if they use events you could possibly make your event handler higher priority and intercept the event before it gets to their mod). But in the more complicated case you'd probably have to work with the other mod's author to support your need if they choose to.

By the way I think your idea is extremely neat idea.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/