[1.7.10] Complex Ore Generation

Mic-Poljus

Hello,

i'd like to generate some ore veins but not with the normal genMineable-Method. I've tested this and my planned ore veins seem too big this method couldn't handle it. So i thought about generating my own biomes where the ore is generated when the chunks get loaded (biome decorator?).

The problem is, this seems not to be that easy and i'm searching the web for good tutorials but can't find any.

Could someone give me a helping hand on implementing my own, custom generated biomes? Or a good tutorial where i can teach myself?

Thx

Mic

To generate custom terrain in your biome, override

BiomeGenBase#genTerrainBlocks

to populate the

Block

and

byte

(metadata) arrays.

I have an example of a biome that generates Nether Brick instead of Stone here. In your case, you'd want to call the super method to generate the default terrain and then replace some Stone with your ore(s).

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

unfortunately i've got a new problem.

I want to generate or only in my two new biomes (thx to Choonster)

I want to read the biomeID and check this with an if-statement.

But when i was testing it, and logged it in the console i could only find some specific biomes ( forest, forestHills, plains) even when the chunks where loaded above an ocean.

i used this code to look for the biomeID:

public class ModWorldGen implements IWorldGenerator {
    @Override
    public void generate(Random random, int chunkX, int chunkZ, World world, IChunkProvider chunkGenerator, IChunkProvider chunkProvider) {
        int biom = world.getBiomeGenForCoords(chunkX,chunkZ).biomeID;
        LogHelper.info(biom);
    }
}

thx for help :)

I believe

getBiomeGenForCoords

takes block coordinates, not chunk coords.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/