Experience help

ButterBean

Hello, I am attempting to make an rpg like mod that requires leveling, for example whenever you take damage you gain experience, and level up your health skill over time; however I don't know how to add multiple skills. Right now you can only level up one thing, but I want to make it so you can level up multiple things. Much like the mmorpg plugin that has a multitude of skills.

As in use the IExtendedProperties and events to manipulate the properties?:

I have heard of IExtendedProperties  but i'm currently not using it, is it the thing I need to add multiple skills that you can level up? I currently only know how to give the player the ability to level up one thing instead of many skills.

What do you mean by only modifying one skill?:

Not sure if I understand what you mean, sorry if I worded this oddly... I am still very new to modding, and am having a hard time explaining my situation. But was talking about as in vanilla minecraft there is only a single thing that you can gain experience for, how to add I multiple things to gain experience for?

I'm really trying to make something like this http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/chaoscraft-2849881/

You claiming you can do what you want for one skill pretty much convinces me you have no idea what you are doing :D

Anyway, yeah: To store data per-player you need to implement IExtendedEntityProperties (IEEP).

Tut: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/mapping-and-modding-tutorials/1571567-1-7-2-1-6-4-eventhandler-and

Create some mapping (HashMap?) that will hold data about given attributes (like in MCMMO plugin) and then use Forge Events (google it, I am talking about @SubscribeEvent) to keep track of player actions and change values in IEEP's mapping.

Then you can use multitude of ways to utilize your attribute map (or whatever you will call it, I am refering to things like "jumping" "attacking" "woodcutting"... etc.).

Note: Data in IEEP is NOT synchronized to clients so if you want to display stats in ANY other way than chat messages, you will need IMessages (Packeting).

Tut: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/mapping-and-modding-tutorials/2137055-1-7-2-customizing-packet-handling-with

Overally: If you are new to object-oriented programming (and Java), you are screwed xD

If you know your shit, grasping forge ways might take few dozen hours.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.