[1.8.8] Can't get a tile entity's gui to show [Solved]

hii488

Hey, I'm relatively new to modding and am kinda stuck.

I've made a tileentity with an inventory (which works) and attempted to add a gui to it, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the gui to actually show up, even though I'm fairly sure that I've done everything correctly.

No errors are shown in the console either, so I've probably done something rather simple like not registered gui properly, although I'm sure I have.

Here's my source code : https://github.com/hii488/TheMagicMod/tree/master/src/main/java/me/hii488/themagicmod

The relevant files are : blocks/WandAugmenter, entities/tileentities/TileEntity(WA) - guis/container(WA), guis/gui(WA) and handlers/GuiHandler

Thanks in advance if people have a look!

I'm bad at redstone, and worse at modding!

You only register the GuiHandler on the server side.

You register it in the CommonProxy, in the

registerRenders

method. In the ClientProxy, you override that method, so it never registers the GuiHandler on the client. You have to either call the super method in the ClientProxy, or call it in a place that is not sided, like the @Mod class.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/