[1.8] Trouble with rendering something on the HUD

HappyKiller1O1

Alright, so I am trying to render some text onto the player HUD. It renders just fine, except the position changes when I go into fullscreen from a windowed screen.

Windowed:

Fullscreen:

Here is where I render it:

@SubscribeEvent
public void onRenderHUD(RenderGameOverlayEvent event) {
	Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getMinecraft();

ExtendedPlayer props = ExtendedPlayer.get(mc.thePlayer);

if(event.isCancelable() || event.type != ElementType.EXPERIENCE) {
		return;
	}

int xPos = event.resolution.getScaledWidth() / 2 + 6;
	int yPos = event.resolution.getScaledHeight() / 2 - 6;

mc.fontRendererObj.drawString(I18n.format(props.getCurrentWeight() + "/" + props.getMaxWeight(), new Object[0]), xPos, yPos, (props.isOverEncumbered() ? Color.RED.darker().getRGB() : 4210752));
}

I am not a cat. I know my profile picture is sexy and amazing beyond anything you could imagine but my cat like features only persist in my fierce eyes. I might be a cat.

For the y-axis, resolutionScaled.getScaledHeight() is always the bottom of the screen, and the vanilla hotbar slots are 18 pixels tall, so (height - 18 - fontHeight) will put text right above them (vertically). Dividing it by 2 will put you relative to the center of the screen, which you don't want if you are trying to stay relative to the hotbar.

Horizontally, resolutionScaled.getScaledWidth() / 2 will always be relative to the center, with your text flowing to the right. This should be fine, subtracting some amount to move it further left above the hotbar.

It looks like you have a HUGE difference in screen resolution between those 2 images, btw, though the positions shown in either image still don't look right for the values you have in your code.

One thing to note: RenderGameOverlayEvent has both a Pre and a Post - choose Pre if you want to cancel the event, or Post if you just want to render, e.g.:

@SubscribeEvent
public void onRenderExperienceBar(RenderGameOverlayEvent.Post event) {
if (event.type != RenderGameOverlayEvent.ElementType.EXPERIENCE) {
	return; // limit the rendering to one ElementType, otherwise it will render LOTS of times each frame
}
// do your rendering here
}