Communication Between TileEntity and Gui***** of block?

TheNuclearDuck

Hey all,

I am making a mod and would like to know how to read an int from a block's tile entity from it's Gui***** file. I have declared a variable in the tile entity which is a public static int. I need to know how to access this variable in my Gui***** file's drawGuiContainerBackgroundLayer method in order to render a graph representing this int. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks for reading this, hope you can help  :)

Well, I tried using TileEntity*****.variable but this seems to gt the same value for every block which is placed with this GUI, meaning when a block is placed and there have been previous blocks placed also, it will start by rendering the same value as the other block. I want each block to have an individual variable for its GUI.

Edit: When I try to access my GUI***** file's tile_entity parameter, I get an error saying it does not exist.

You need to do all item handling in a GuiContainer, not a client side visual gui. It will be in three layers:

[Tile_Entity_Storage]

-----------|-------------

----------\/------------

[CommonSidedGuiContainer]

-----------|-------------

----------\/------------

[ClientSidedVisualGui]

The container will access the tile entity, and the client side visual gui only adds the textures and stuff.