[1.8.9] [SOLVED] Custom crop not rendering a bug??

Nemesis

I am creating a berry bush and I am having a problem with rendering it. After player has consumed berrys from my berrybush, the berrybush replaces it with this (normal)bush. The idea is that after X ammount time berrys will regrow and the block is changed back to berrybush block. (I know that I don't have to use two different blocks, I could use growstages. I just found this method easier.)

Regrowing works. The only issue, as i sad, is that this (normal)bush (which parent class can be seen downbelow), doesn't render at all. If I delete the parent class, the block renders correctly.  So the flaw isn't in blockstate, model or int. It has to be somewhere in this code. If you find a solution to my problem, please tell me  :o .

And some translate for ya'

blockpuska is Finnish and means (normal)bush

blockpuska_marja means berrybush

public class blockPuska extends Block {

public static final PropertyInteger AGE = PropertyInteger.create("age", 0, 7);

public blockPuska(Material materialIn) {
	super(materialIn);

float f = 0.375F;
        this.setTickRandomly(true);
	// TODO Auto-generated constructor stub
}

public void updateTick(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, Random rand)
    {
                    int j = ((Integer)state.getValue(AGE)).intValue();

if (j == 7)
                    {
                        //worldIn.setBlockState(pos.up(), this.getDefaultState());
                    	worldIn.setBlockState(pos, KivikausiBlocks.puska_marja.getDefaultState());
                       // worldIn.setBlockState(pos, state.withProperty(AGE, Integer.valueOf(0)), 4);
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        worldIn.setBlockState(pos, state.withProperty(AGE, Integer.valueOf(j + 1)), 4);
                    }
                }

@Override
    public boolean isOpaqueCube()
    {
        return false;
    }

@Override
    public boolean isFullCube()
    {
        return false;
    }

public IBlockState getStateFromMeta(int meta)
    {
        return this.getDefaultState().withProperty(AGE, Integer.valueOf(meta));
    }

public int getMetaFromState(IBlockState state)
    {
        return ((Integer)state.getValue(AGE)).intValue();
    }

protected BlockState createBlockState()
    {
        return new BlockState(this, new IProperty[] {AGE});
    }

}

You want to see my code so far? Here it is: System.out.println("Hello, World");

I tired it, still dosen't render correctly...

Here is the code in current status.

public class blockPuska extends BlockBush implements IGrowable {

public blockPuska(Material plants) {
	super(plants);

float f = 0.375F;
}

public void updateTick(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, Random rand)
        {

if (j == 7)
       {
       }
      	  else
       {
       }
    }

@Override
    {
        return false;
    }

@Override
    {
        return false;
    }

{
    }

{
    }

{
    }

@Override
	public boolean canGrow(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, boolean isClient) {
		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
		return false;
	}

@Override
	public boolean canUseBonemeal(World worldIn, Random rand, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state) {
		return false;
	}

@Override
	public void grow(World worldIn, Random rand, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state) {

}

And here is init code for blockPuska (there is also many other blocks in my init.java file, so i deleted them from this):

public static Block puska;
public class KivikausiBlocks {

public static void init()
{
             puska = new blockPuska(Material.plants).setUnlocalizedName("puska").setCreativeTab(KivikausiMod.KivikausiTabBlocks);
         }

public static void register()
{
             GameRegistry.registerBlock(puska, puska.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5));

}

public static void registerRenders()
{
             registerRender(puska);
         }
public static void registerRender(Block block)
{
	Item item = Item.getItemFromBlock(block);
	Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().register(item, 0, new ModelResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":" + item.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5), "inventory"));
}
}

Still thank you from trying to help me

You want to see my code so far? Here it is: System.out.println("Hello, World");

I tired it, still dosen't render correctly...

Here is the code in current status.

public class blockPuska extends BlockBush implements IGrowable {

public blockPuska(Material plants) {
	super(plants);

float f = 0.375F;
}

{

if (j == 7)
       {
       }
      	  else
       {
       }
    }

@Override
    {
        return false;
    }

@Override
    {
        return false;
    }

{
    }

{
    }

{
    }

@Override
	public boolean canGrow(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state, boolean isClient) {
		return false;
	}

@Override
	public boolean canUseBonemeal(World worldIn, Random rand, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state) {
		return false;
	}

@Override
	public void grow(World worldIn, Random rand, BlockPos pos, IBlockState state) {

}

I'm still trying to figure this out myself in all fairness... but I've actually simplified this class a lot.

If you simply extend BlockBush without implementing IGrowable, the base code of Minecraft handles all the IGrowable methods for your block automatically. I found this out by talking to a fellow modder and looking at his classes.

I know this is a post for your issue, but I can't get my block to render in ages. 4, 5, 6 and 7 claim to not have a Renderer which is annoying me massively.

Solved one problem, throwing another lol!

I just had a thought. You have 7 block states for your bush, right? Why are you trying to overcomplicate things for yourself?

If I was you I'd write a method under onRightClick to simply reset the state to age 6, define age 6 as the full bush block - berries, and then your logic should get it to tick to 7 again over time.

The way it sounds right now; you have nothing to state that when you harvest the berries, reset the growth back to age 6. Delete the use of a second block and make less work for yourself my friend.

this (normal)bush (which parent class can be seen downbelow), doesn't render at all.

When something doesn't render at all, then you should look at the log file (not console output, it is incomplete). Rerun in debugger to see what is really happening. It is very strange that you don't even get a missing-texture block (pink & black checked cube). Find out how your mod skips rendering without a missing texture or a crash.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.