add new dimension with new map generator

Thaliviel

Hello!

I'd like to ask if it is possible to add a new dimension that uses a new map generator (e.g. Life in the Woods), while the old map continues using the old map generator (e.g. Minecraft 1.6.4).

Background (why I want to use such a mod):

I started playing Mincraft in 2013 and played about one year in my modded asian-themed singleplayer map. I grew very fond of the old map generator (I guess that's the reason why I never updated to 1.7). Since then I paused playing for a really long time (until now).

Some pictures

20130305040854zeusmqw.png

20140528151iykaz729ph.png

20131120115wjn9a8r0lt.png

20160225114y1kxtvzwe0.png

Now I'd like to update to the newest Minecraft version and add Life in the Woods, but I'd like to leave my old map as it is. So I had the idea to add a new dimension, where I could farm new materials/ressources and then take some of them to my old map...

I've been googling for some time how to set the map generator, but I didn't really find anything useful.

Could someone give me a slight hint how to

• get the map generator of Minecraft 1.6.4 and how to
  • apply that map generator to the overworld (so that even when I update Minecraft to the newest version, the default overworld will use the old map generator)

Adding the new dimension can wait, I'm not in a hurry to add that.