[1.9] JSon models only render 2d in inventory

TomEVoll

I have a couple of json models, they all refuse to render in 3d in the inventory, all you get is the flat front side like you do if you specify isGui3d=false, Json files using built-in models like cube, render fine in 3d.

Anything i need to specify that is new to get this to work?

{
     "textures": {
        "0": "blocks/energyside"
    },
    "elements": [
        {
            "name": "Cube",
            "from": [ 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 ], 
            "to": [ 16.0, 16.0, 16.0 ], 
            "faces": {
                "north": { "texture": "#0", "uv": [ 0.0, 0.0, 16.0, 16.0 ] },
                "east": { "texture": "#0", "uv": [ 0.0, 0.0, 16.0, 16.0 ] },
                "south": { "texture": "#0", "uv": [ 0.0, 0.0, 16.0, 16.0 ] },
                "west": { "texture": "#0", "uv": [ 0.0, 0.0, 16.0, 16.0 ] },
                "up": { "texture": "#0", "uv": [ 0.0, 0.0, 16.0, 16.0 ] },
                "down": { "texture": "#0", "uv": [ 0.0, 0.0, 16.0, 16.0 ] }
            }
        }
    ]
}

loading this json will show the block in inventory as a flat item, only 1 side will be visible, like redstone dust, pickaxe or any other flat items

my mistake, seems i need to specify the rotation, scale and transform manually in the item folder in 1.9, any chance it could be added like in 1.8.9 where the standard transform is added automaticly.

Also firstperson_left, firstperson_right, thirdperson_left, thirdperson_right  do not work at all, scaling, transform does nothing.

I also tried the old format without specifying right and left and also does nothing.

You have to specify a parent in the JSON model files, for blocks you pobably want a parent of

blocks/cube_all 

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Yes, When using a custom json model it wont allow you to set a parent, will give you an error saying it cant have both a parent and a model.

I found the issue with the scaling not working, firstperson_left was suposed to be firstperson_lefthand and same for right.

There is one small bug with it though, when using models/item/someitem.json

let's say you got a blockstate testblock.json that loads a model tester.json in blocks, when you say parent in the item json and set it to ether block/testblock.json or block/tester.json it will not work, gives no errors but is not acually using the item json.

Only way i could get this to work was to name all the files the same name as the block was registered with in the mod. while in 1.8.9 the model could have a different name, and you then specify parent as the model it should affect int the item json.

i did specify parent with modid:block/parentmodel