Run Code the First Time the Mod is Run

ComputerCraze

I am trying to make a simple mod where there is fifty "dummy blocks" that you can assign textures to through a texture pack, perfect for a mapmaking scenario. However, I need the json files to be created when the mod is first run. I don't want to write all of the files manually (cut down on file size) so I want to create all of them by code, probably during the preInit cycle, before the actual blocks are initiated. Is there a way to run a specific section of code only when it is the first time running the mod?

Thanks in advance,

ComputerCraze

Sure: save a boolean value to your Config file. When you read the config, check if that value is false - if it is, generate the files, set the value to true, and save your config.

Next time, the value will be read in as true and the files will not generate; in the future, you can always edit your config file and change the value back to false to re-generate the JSON files.