[1.9] Block dropping item

headstack

I am currently trying to update a mod from 1.8 to 1.9, and in the process I saw that the method for making a block drop a custom item isn't working. The method I am using is just plainly overriding the quantityDropped and getItemDropped functions from the Block class and making them return variables I have predefined in my custom block class.

private int dropamountmax;
    private Item dropsOnHarvest;

@Override
    public int quantityDropped(Random random) {
        return dropamountmax;
    }

@Override
    public Item getItemDropped(IBlockState state, Random rand, int fortune) {
        return dropsOnHarvest;
    }

Now, instead of dropping the Item dropsOnHarvest, it drops nothing when I break it with the correct tools and harvest level. Is there anything I might've missed in doing so?

I am currently trying to update a mod from 1.8 to 1.9, and in the process I saw that the method for making a block drop a custom item isn't working. The method I am using is just plainly overriding the quantityDropped and getItemDropped functions from the Block class and making them return variables I have predefined in my custom block class.

private int dropamountmax;
    private Item dropsOnHarvest;

@Override
    public int quantityDropped(Random random) {
        return dropamountmax;
    }

@Override
    public Item getItemDropped(IBlockState state, Random rand, int fortune) {
        return dropsOnHarvest;
    }

Now, instead of dropping the Item dropsOnHarvest, it drops nothing when I break it with the correct tools and harvest level. Is there anything I might've missed in doing so?