[1.7.10] Make custom bow avoid changes to the vanilla bow by other mods?

I recently finished a lovely new bow (extends ItemBow) for my modification. Works wonderful thanks to special coding taken from Battlegear and Zelda Sword Skills.

I went to try and use this new bow with my personal "mod pack" map only to find it does not work at all in survival. Apparently, one of the mods I have installed, EnderIO, does something to the ItemBow class that leaves my custom bow, with its custom way to handle ammo based on item damage, unable to work.

What can I do about this as I imagine this wouldn't be the only mod this custom bow would have problems with?

I've tried creating my own bow and arrow classes rather than extending ItemBow or EntityArrow but then I run into significant rendering bugs.

Actually, looking at it again, it might not have to do with the bow class. With EnderIO installed, something goes wrong with this line:

if (player.capabilities.isCreativeMode || this.getDamage(bow) < this.getMaxDamage() || player.inventory.hasItem(PokemonMDItem.huntersCharge))

If I am in creative mode, this seems to go through and the bow acts as should normally. Something happens with:

this.getDamage(bow) < this.getMaxDamage()

That last Or statement doesn't matter unless the bow's durability (ammo) runs out.

Again, when EnderIO is not installed, I don't have problems. The bow performs as expected.