Is there a way to have quiet console output?

Oozekip

I'm fairly new to modding, so sorry if this is a simple question, but is there a way to silence the output so that this stuff does not appear in the Eclipse console:

NM5mkV6.png

I find theses messages largely unhelpful and annoying for what I'm doing right now, and I'd like to be able to have silent output unless there's either an issue or I explicitly say to print something. Is there a way to do this?

You can achieve something like this by copying the log4j2.xml file from the Forge JAR into src/main/resources and modifying the level of the

SysOut

and

FmlSysOut

<AppenderRef>

elements to

WARN

ERROR

FATAL

or

OFF

(ordered from least specific [most messages] to most specific [least messages]).

This will be copied into your mod JAR when you build it with Gradle, which you don't want. There's probably a way to filter it out with Gradle, but I haven't managed to find that yet.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

To be more specific, use a log4j2

Logger

. You can get one with your mod's name from

FMLPreInitializationEvent#getModLog

or with any name you want from

LogManager.getLogger

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.