Eclipse formatter won't work with my forge project

DavidTriphon

Alright, I know this seems pretty basic, but I've searched the internet and literally gave myself a headache last night without finding anything relevant. I know how to use a formatter, cmd+shift+f (I'm on a mac), and I know how to set up a formatter style, but for some reason when I'm on my forge workspace, it just will not do anything when I click those buttons. If I right click and go to source>format on the file itself it still won't do anything. I typically have new lines for long pieces of code and I use the formatter so I can keep my code vertical (without worrying about code going off the right) and the line showing the width limit will not appear. I use my format all the time with my other projects and it works fine. Does it have something to do with the project was generated by something other than eclipse? Does anyone have any idea how I can get the formatter to apply to my files in my source folders?

Always, RESEARCH before asking a question. It's likely someone has already asked your question in the past. Filter your google searches with "site:www.minecraftforge.net/forum" to have a better chance finding your problem.

Formatter is not being fired or it doesn't format? It's hard to define your problem as I can't really see it :P

Are you using project-specific or workspace format settings?

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

I honestly couldn't tell whether it wasn't being fired or not working. I wasn't using project specific format settings either. I went ahead and made a new workspace since there wasn't anything in it anyways and now it's partially working. It fires, it just doesn't show the newline border. Murphy's law that it has to start working as soon as I ask for help. Sorry for spamming the forums.  :-\ I think I should be able to figure out what's wrong from here. It's probably some preference that's not tied to the formatter. Thanks for your help though.

Always, RESEARCH before asking a question. It's likely someone has already asked your question in the past. Filter your google searches with "site:www.minecraftforge.net/forum" to have a better chance finding your problem.