Upgrading a mod to 1.8+

coolgamer

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzI-agDCE4MBZDNZNEVVNHJiVE0/view?usp=sharing

I have this CustomLanPort Forge mod originally meant for 1.7.10, I know for a fact that cpw.mods.fml. has to change, and I tried doing this myself and still encountered issues. The mod's goal is to make the "Open to LAN" lan worlds run on only port 25565.

If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated, furthermore there are currently no mods for 1.8+ that can achieve this.

I have attached the project files so someone can import it into Eclipse or some other IDE and take a look at it and if it's possible to bring this mod to 1.8+ without a complete rewrite.

The main goal of this is just to have a forge mod that makes all lan worlds run on port 25565 rather than the normal randomized ports.

The

cpw.mods.fml

package has moved to

net.minecraftforge.fml

. MCPBot can tell you the name history of a field or method.

I don't really want to download the entire mod to fix the errors for you, you'll probably get more help if you tell us exactly what issues you're having.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.