Crafting is broken

DanQZ

I got the version of forge for 1.11 and I can't make sticks, and other various things that have to do with wood. The only mod I am using is Tree Cutter because I hate cutting down trees. I also can't open doors without something that can right click to put something down.

Those are the only things I have noticed about my world. I have tried another mod, which I forgot the name of while I had uninstalled Tree Cutter, and it still happened, which made me realize it was not the mod, but rather Forge that was glitching out my crafting and door opening.

Make sure you're using Forge 1.11-13.19.0.2178, the latest version.

If the issues still happen with the latest version, upload the FML log (logs/fml-client-latest.log) to Gist and link it here.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

If the issues still happen with the latest version, upload the FML log (logs/fml-client-latest.log) to Gist and link it here.

Oh it turns out I had downloaded an outdated version. When was Forge most recently updated? I got it about 2 days ago, before I learned how to use it. Thank you very much!

Oh it turns out I had downloaded an outdated version. When was Forge most recently updated? I got it about 2 days ago, before I learned how to use it. Thank you very much!

A new version is automatically released every time a change is pushed to the main repository on GitHub. This usually happens every day (or several times a day) for a Minecraft version that's been released recently or slightly less often for a Minecraft version that's been out for a while.

1.11 was released fairly recently and changed a few things around, so there's a lot of active development going on for it.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Can you give me a link to the website the downloads are posted on?

It looks like you figured this out in your thread, but for future reference click the Files link at the top of the site or go files.minecraftforge.net.