Help for forge-1.11-13.19.1.2199-mdk -- Unable to start daemon process ** Fixed

Sheta

When attempting to install the mdk for Forge 1.11, I receive an error when I try to follow any of the instructions in the README file. The following is what it tells me when I run 'gradlew setupDecompWorkspace' with a stacktrace.

Starting a new Gradle Daemon for this build (subsequent builds will be faster).

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Unable to start the daemon process.

This problem might be caused by incorrect configuration of the daemon.

For example, an unrecognized jvm option is used.

Please refer to the user guide chapter on the daemon at https://docs.gradle.org/2.14/userguide/gradle_daemon.html

Please read the following process output to find out more:

-----------------------

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap

* Try:

Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

* Exception is:

org.gradle.api.GradleException: Unable to start the daemon process.

This problem might be caused by incorrect configuration of the daemon.

For example, an unrecognized jvm option is used.

Please refer to the user guide chapter on the daemon at https://docs.gradle.org/2.14/userguide/gradle_daemon.html

Please read the following process output to find out more:

-----------------------

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap

at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.bootstrap.DaemonGreeter.parseDaemonOutput(DaemonGreeter.java:34)

at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.client.DefaultDaemonStarter.startProcess(DefaultDaemonStarter.java:153)

at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.client.DefaultDaemonStarter.startDaemon(DefaultDaemonStarter.java:136)

at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.client.DefaultDaemonConnector.startDaemon(DefaultDaemonConnector.java:111)

at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.client.DefaultDaemonConnector.connect(DefaultDaemonConnector.java:89)

at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.client.DaemonClient.execute(DaemonClient.java:122)

at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.client.DaemonClient.execute(DaemonClient.java:80)

at org.gradle.launcher.cli.RunBuildAction.run(RunBuildAction.java:43)

at org.gradle.internal.Actions$RunnableActionAdapter.execute(Actions.java:173)

at org.gradle.launcher.cli.CommandLineActionFactory$ParseAndBuildAction.execute(CommandLineActionFactory.java:239)

at org.gradle.launcher.cli.CommandLineActionFactory$ParseAndBuildAction.execute(CommandLineActionFactory.java:212)

at org.gradle.launcher.cli.JavaRuntimeValidationAction.execute(JavaRuntimeValidationAction.java:35)

at org.gradle.launcher.cli.JavaRuntimeValidationAction.execute(JavaRuntimeValidationAction.java:24)

at org.gradle.launcher.cli.ExceptionReportingAction.execute(ExceptionReportingAction.java:33)

at org.gradle.launcher.cli.ExceptionReportingAction.execute(ExceptionReportingAction.java:22)

at org.gradle.launcher.cli.CommandLineActionFactory$WithLogging.execute(CommandLineActionFactory.java:205)

at org.gradle.launcher.cli.CommandLineActionFactory$WithLogging.execute(CommandLineActionFactory.java:169)

at org.gradle.launcher.Main.doAction(Main.java:33)

at org.gradle.launcher.bootstrap.EntryPoint.run(EntryPoint.java:45)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.gradle.launcher.bootstrap.ProcessBootstrap.runNoExit(ProcessBootstrap.java:55)

at org.gradle.launcher.bootstrap.ProcessBootstrap.run(ProcessBootstrap.java:36)

at org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain.main(GradleMain.java:23)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.gradle.wrapper.BootstrapMainStarter.start(BootstrapMainStarter.java:30)

at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.execute(WrapperExecutor.java:127)

at org.gradle.wrapper.GradleWrapperMain.main(GradleWrapperMain.java:61)

I tried going to the link offered and following the instructions there but that did not help. I did some research and it seems like the daemon is just demanding too much memory, which makes no sense. I have a 16GB computer and Gradle's site claims it will never use more then 1GB at a time. I read ways to try and control the maximum memory it can use but nothing really worked. Any help is appreciated!