Bucket crafting problem

flapjacksmike

So basically, I'm making a mod that involves taking 3 glass bottles (required specifically 3) to one milk bucket, and it returns three milk bottles.

The problem I am have is when I craft this I only need to put one glass bottle to get three milk bottles, see code below for what the crafting recipe is.

GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe(new ItemStack(milkBottle,3), new ItemStack(Item.bucketMilk,1,0),new ItemStack(Item.glassBottle,3,0));

I have made a special handler which checks to make sure I am using exact three glass bottles and not one just one, and to return the remaining bottles.

package ResourcefulMod;

import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.inventory.IInventory;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.ICraftingHandler;

public class CraftingWithMilkBottlesHandler implements ICraftingHandler 
{
int maxBottleFillPerBucket = 3;
@Override
public void onCrafting(EntityPlayer player, ItemStack item, IInventory craftMatrix) 
{
	for(int i = 0; i < craftMatrix.getSizeInventory(); i++)
	{
		if(craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i) != null)
		{
			ItemStack j = craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i);
			ItemStack j = craftMatrix.getStackInSlot(i);
			if(j.getItem() != null && j == new ItemStack(Item.glassBottle) && j.stackSize == 3)
			{
				ItemStack k = new ItemStack(Item.glassBottle, 0);
				craftMatrix.setInventorySlotContents(i, k);
			}
			else if(j.getItem() != null && j == new ItemStack(Item.glassBottle) && j.stackSize != 3)
			{
				int returnNum = j.stackSize - maxBottleFillPerBucket; // Gets return amount of bottles back.
				if(returnNum < maxBottleFillPerBucket)
				{
					returnNum = 0;
				}
				ItemStack k = new ItemStack(Item.glassBottle, returnNum); // Return extra glass bottles back, if any into a new item stack.
				craftMatrix.setInventorySlotContents(i, k); // Replace itemstack
			}

}
	}
}

@Override
public void onSmelting(EntityPlayer player, ItemStack item){}

}

However as I have said before even if I comment out the handler or not, I still can craft 3 milk bottles with just one milk bucket and one glass bottle, rather than one milk bucket and three glass bottles.

By the way, here is the whole implementation of the item from the main mod class.

GameRegistry.registerCraftingHandler(new CraftingWithMilkBottlesHandler()); // Starts the milk bottles handler
Item milkBottle = (new ItemFood(525, 2, 0.6F, false)).setIconIndex(5).setItemName("milkBottle").setMaxStackSize(32); // Creates the milk bottle item
LanguageRegistry.addName(milkBottle, "Bottle o' Milk"); // Registers the item with a name
GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe(new ItemStack(milkBottle,3), new ItemStack(Item.bucketMilk,1,0),new ItemStack(Item.glassBottle,3,0)); // The shapeless recipe from the first line of code at the beginning of the post

Any ideas to what I may need to edit or add?

Thanks.