Problem Creating a Gui Handler

clowcadia

Ok I think i got what you are saying , and so i launched the game, clicked the mob and still no screen. no output other then the one i already have in eclipse.

code in my mob is

@Override
	public boolean processInteract(EntityPlayer player, EnumHand hand)
    {
		if (!this.world.isRemote)
		{
			System.out.println("Player has interacted with the mob");
			player.openGui(ClowcadiaMod.modInstance, 1, this.world, (int) player.posX, (int)player.posY, (int)player.posZ);

}
		return true;
    }

I am used to coding from scratch, my programs tend to be small and short. I have projects that vary with ecommerce Etsy that works, different languages as well. Have done small projectrs with c,c++,c# and vb and i am sure i can code any program i wish, its just the dificulty with java i am in a foregn enviorment not so much as the syntax missunderstanding. if i was able to write my own program and for example actually write a method that requires resource location i would understand what it is for and such. I dont believe its the java language i am having issues with it the large forge api enviorment is whats hard for me to grasp.

ever been to a huge college/university campus or a big hospital. ever get lost?

well this is it for me i hope you can understand i am trying my best, as this is only first week in campus forge

Back to the issue, now i realize the clientGui element does not even react

@Override
	public Object getClientGuiElement(int ID, EntityPlayer player, World world, int x, int y, int z)
	{
		System.out.println("Handler Activated");
		if (ID == GUI)
	        return new Gui();
	    return null;
	}

I do read code, i dont just pop up and be like write my project for me, I go through researching multiple tutorials, yes their outdate but i work with what i got, and with the forge classes. alot of it is mombojambo to me, not because i dont get the syntax i just dont understand where variables and what the variable are coming fromor representing. everything is so tightly interconnected its like, being an immigrant all over again, thousand of people speaking a different language then my own(variables) and doing things different then what i am used to (functions)

10 minutes ago, clowcadia said:

Back to the issue, now i realize the clientGui element does not even react

@Override
	public Object getClientGuiElement(int ID, EntityPlayer player, World world, int x, int y, int z)
	{
		System.out.println("Handler Activated");
		if (ID == GUI)
	        return new Gui();
	    return null;
	}

getServerGuiElement does respond....

Nothing Happens...

Handler

package com.clowcadia.mod;

import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.world.World;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.IGuiHandler;

public class GuiHandler implements IGuiHandler {

public static final int GUI = 0;

@Override
	{
		//System.out.println("Handler Activated");
		if (ID == GUI)
	        return new Gui();
	    return null;
	}

@Override
	public Object getServerGuiElement(int ID, EntityPlayer player, World world, int x, int y, int z)
	{
	    return null;

}
}

Gui

package com.clowcadia.mod;

import net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen;

public class Gui extends GuiScreen 
{
	@Override
	public void drawScreen(int mouseX, int mouseY, float partialTicks) 
	{
		this.drawDefaultBackground();
	    super.drawScreen(mouseX, mouseY, partialTicks);
	}

}

Entity

package com.clowcadia.mob;

import com.clowcadia.mod.ClowcadiaMod;

import net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.util.EnumHand;
import net.minecraft.world.World;

public class Blank extends EntityMob{

public Blank(World worldIn) {

super(worldIn);
		// TODO Auto-generated constructor stub
	}
	@Override
	public boolean processInteract(EntityPlayer player, EnumHand hand)
    {
		if (!this.world.isRemote)
		{

System.out.println("Player has interacted with the mob");
			player.openGui(ClowcadiaMod.modInstance, 0, this.world, (int) player.posX, (int)player.posY, (int)player.posZ);

}
		return true;
    }

}

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements