[1.10] Issues with creating a custom mob spawner

Aarilight

There were too many complex things I needed to do with mob spawners to be able to use the vanilla versions anymore. I've implemented wrapper classes for BlockMobSpawner, TileEntityMobSpawner, and MobSpawnerBaseLogic.

It seems to work the same, except I'm having a few issues that I can't seem to figure out how to solve.

Current issues:

1. The mobs spawned are INVISIBLE. Yet they still persist after reloading. I don't even understand how something like this can even happen.

2. Spawners created with my mod work until you reload the world, and then they render the wrong entity and sometimes also spawn the wrong entity. I guess both the old and new spawning methods are being called, somehow? I can't figure out how, tho.

3. They have no name and no mod listing (checked via WAILA), even tho I'm pretty sure I'm running the same code I run to add my other blocks to the mod. Is it because it's a BlockContainer? Do I have to do something special for it?

Here's the github for my mod, if you're willing to help me debug.
The responsible files should be /src/main/java/com/kallgirl/souls/common/block/Summoner/*

If you want to actually build & test it, you can make my mod's spawners by giving yourself a soulbook souls:soulbook, a bone chunk souls:boneChunk, right clicking with the bone chunk (should give you essence of a vanilla overworld mob).

In a crafting window, combine your soulbook and that essence (if you're in creative mode, use pick block to duplicate a whole stack of it). If you're in a crafting table it's easier, you need 16 essence to fill the soulbook.

Once the soulbook is filled, place a souls:emptySummoner in the world, and then right click on it with the soulbook you filled. It should create a mob spawner with the mob type you filled the soulbook with.

If you decide to help, thanks so much. I've been banging my head into a wall for the past day trying to figure this one out haha

Edited by Aarilight

My question from earlier wasn't specific enough to get attention, so here's a bit of an update. I've found out that the mobs are spawned separately server/client side, and the client one, I think, updates from the server. The problem from before is that the custom data I was setting on mobs I spawned, to allow them to pass through my no-mob-spawning catcher, isn't being passed onto the client.

These are the lines where I set the custom data to the entity. The server spawns the entity correctly, but the client doesn't have that data set when it spawns it.

How can I ensure that the custom data I set on the entity, when spawning it, is also set on the client entity that is spawned?

By printing the stack trace I was able to find where the entity enters the client, but it seems like the code (NetHandlerPlayClient:961) doesn't have support for forge's ForgeData. Is this a bug, an oversight, or am I doing something wrong?

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Your tile entity class (very terribly named, btw.)

But then I can reference it like Summoner.TileEntity! Idk, I guess I'm just not used to Java naming conventions. I'd assume you'd recommend something more like TileEntitySummoner?

I think I understand with the static vs instance inner class. Because the class's hidden constructor requires an instance of Summoner, registering the mapping for it does nothing, because it can't be constructed anyway? Or am I misunderstanding why it's important to make it static?