[1.11.2] onItemUse & onItemRightClick not being called

nexusrightsi

So... I noticed that for some reason both onItemUse and onItemRightClick aren't being called like at all, I put a println() at the start of both methods and nothing is being printed in the console...

this is what my methods currently look like till I fixed the issue:

http://pastebin.com/dXbNq2Vd

for the record, I also tried printing before the isRemote checks to see if those were the issues but they weren't

Put a breakpoint in each of the methods and run Minecraft in debug mode. Are the breakpoints hit?

If not, post your mod as a Git repository. Look at my mod and its .gitignore file for an example of which files you should include in the repository.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

How did you put the item in your hand? Can you be sure that it is really your item? Try dropping it and picking it up again. Also hover on the item in your inventory. How is it labeled?

Please show us the entire method in which you instantiate the item object (new item of your class). It's probably in your main mod class, but might be something called from there.

For the debugger, you might trace the call stack from which your methods can be called, then set your breakpoints somewhere upstream so you can see what data / decisions are affecting whether execution reaches you.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.