Is there a way to have mods and plugins at the same time?

Wyndland

Curent game version: 1.11.2

Well, ive been palying this game and setting servers for my friends for a long time now, just before the old 1.0.0, back when sheeps didnt grew wool back.

The thing is that we once had a server with bukkit in version 1.1 (using modloader) and we had mods and plugins at the same time. Right now im using forge, and is really easier to install cool mods and stuff, but I dont find how can I add any plugin. Im really missing plugins like world guard or world edit.

My question is, is there a way of having both plugins and mods? Any compatiblity between bukkit and forge?

Thank you for your time!

PD: probably is already a tutorial or post for this already but ive been searching in google like crazy and didnt found. I did found that some of you guys made servers with both things so i guess its possible?