1.11.2 adding decorate item to vanilla biome

aw_wolfe

I've not had any luck adding a new plant to a vanilla biome and haven't found anything that worked in older versions that works for me in 1.11.2.

Here's my failed approaches:

1) Create a new biome and replace it over vanilla biome.

a) GameRegistry.addSubstitutionaliase --- Type only takes Items or Blocks --so info on that isn't helping for 1.11.2

b) using biomemanager (add mine, remove theirs)

[in preInit]

ImmutableList<BiomeEntry> list=BiomeManager.getBiomes(BiomeType.WARM);
		//find the biome
		BiomeEntry plains=null;
		Iterator it=list.iterator();
		while(it.hasNext()){
			BiomeEntry be=(BiomeEntry)it.next();
			if(be.biome.getBiomeName().toLowerCase().equals("plains")){
				System.out.println("*******************Plains Biome Found***********");
				plains=be;
          		//be.itemWeight=0; --has no effect
          		//it.remove() -- causes Immutable modification error

//below doesn't do anything--see below on replacing BiomeDecorator
          		//BiomeDecorator bd=be.biome.createBiomeDecorator();
				//BiomeDecoratorD bd2=new BiomeDecoratorD(bd);
				//be.biome.theBiomeDecorator=bd2;
			}
		}

if(plains!=null){
			System.out.println("Plains Remove");
			BiomeManager.removeBiome(BiomeType.WARM, plains);
		}

With something like this, I get both "Plains Biome Found" and "Plains Remove" printed out. However, the plains biome is still listed if I do a check just afterwards.

Set <ResourceLocation> biomes=Biome.REGISTRY.getKeys();

Iterator<ResourceLocation> itR=biomes.iterator();
		while(itR.hasNext()){
			ResourceLocation test=(ResourceLocation)itR.next();
			if(test!=null){
				System.out.println("Biome in registry:"+test.getResourceDomain()+":"+test.getResourcePath());
			}
		}

And still is generated with a newly created game.

c) Trap the DecorateBiomeEvent.Decorate event and change plants there

I can successfully trap the event (say of a grass generated) and DENY it, however, if I try to create anything during this event trap, it creates another Decoration event, which spins out of control and causes a stack overflow error.

Further, trapping the BiomeEvent.CreateDecorator and trying to set the decorator here to one of my causes another Creator Event and spins out of control, causing a stack overflow.

BiomeDecoratorD biome_decorator=new BiomeDecoratorD(event.getNewBiomeDecorator());
	event.setNewBiomeDecorator(biome_decorator);

d) replace the biomeDecorator

I can find the biomeplains (above) and try setting theBiomeDecorator =new myBiomeDecorator(); //no errors, but mine is never ran.

See above in preInit where I try to set the replacement

@Override
	public void decorate(World par1World, Random par2Random, Biome biome,
			BlockPos pos) {
		System.out.println("BiomeDecoratorD:decorate***************");	//never called
		//super.decorate(par1World, par2Random, biome, pos);	//normal biome is still generated
	}

So, if anyone knows how to do this in 1.11.2, please point me in the right direction---first which approach, a sample line or two would be helpful as well if you can take the time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • i tried downloading the drivers but it says no AMD graphics hardware has been detected    
    • Update your AMD/ATI drivers - get the drivers from their website - do not update via system  
    • As the title says i keep on crashing on forge 1.20.1 even without any mods downloaded, i have the latest drivers (nvidia) and vanilla minecraft works perfectly fine for me logs: https://pastebin.com/5UR01yG9
    • Hello everyone, I'm making this post to seek help for my modded block, It's a special block called FrozenBlock supposed to take the place of an old block, then after a set amount of ticks, it's supposed to revert its Block State, Entity, data... to the old block like this :  The problem I have is that the system breaks when handling multi blocks (I tried some fix but none of them worked) :  The bug I have identified is that the function "setOldBlockFields" in the item's "setFrozenBlock" function gets called once for the 1st block of multiblock getting frozen (as it should), but gets called a second time BEFORE creating the first FrozenBlock with the data of the 1st block, hence giving the same data to the two FrozenBlock :   Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=head] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@73681674 BlockEntityData : id:"minecraft:bed",x:3,y:-60,z:-6} Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=3, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=2, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} here is the code inside my custom "freeze" item :    @Override     public @NotNull InteractionResult useOn(@NotNull UseOnContext pContext) {         if (!pContext.getLevel().isClientSide() && pContext.getHand() == InteractionHand.MAIN_HAND) {             BlockPos blockPos = pContext.getClickedPos();             BlockPos secondBlockPos = getMultiblockPos(blockPos, pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos));             if (secondBlockPos != null) {                 createFrozenBlock(pContext, secondBlockPos);             }             createFrozenBlock(pContext, blockPos);             return InteractionResult.SUCCESS;         }         return super.useOn(pContext);     }     public static void createFrozenBlock(UseOnContext pContext, BlockPos blockPos) {         BlockState oldState = pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos);         BlockEntity oldBlockEntity = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? pContext.getLevel().getBlockEntity(blockPos) : null;         CompoundTag oldBlockEntityData = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? oldBlockEntity.serializeNBT() : null;         if (oldBlockEntity != null) {             pContext.getLevel().removeBlockEntity(blockPos);         }         BlockState FrozenBlock = setFrozenBlock(oldState, oldBlockEntity, oldBlockEntityData);         pContext.getLevel().setBlockAndUpdate(blockPos, FrozenBlock);     }     public static BlockState setFrozenBlock(BlockState blockState, @Nullable BlockEntity blockEntity, @Nullable CompoundTag blockEntityData) {         BlockState FrozenBlock = BlockRegister.FROZEN_BLOCK.get().defaultBlockState();         ((FrozenBlock) FrozenBlock.getBlock()).setOldBlockFields(blockState, blockEntity, blockEntityData);         return FrozenBlock;     }  
    • It is an issue with quark - update it to this build: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/quark/files/3642325
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.