BUG: Renaming Items Using Anvils Fail.

Glitched

I have done some testing on server/client installs with Forge 2294 and up for minecraft 1.11.2 with and without mods. I've narrowed it down to this occurring after Forge has been installed.

I continuously find that attempting to rename items in anvils fails time after time. (Testing this in vanilla on a current or new map works as expected).

However after installing forge 2294 to 0304 (I gave up on testing below 2294), the bug is always present on current maps or brand new ones. This is extremely frustrating when attempting to rename "Filler" blocks for item sorting storage.

Steps:

1: Access an Anvil

2: Place Dirt into first Anvil slot.

3: Rename Dirt in Anvil to Dirt_Filler (or anything you like). 

4: Attempt to pull Dirt_Filler from completed area of Anvil.

Observation:

1: Renamed item returns to first slot with its original name (does not matter if you originally placed one block or a stack in first anvil slot).

2: XP is still used.

Can someone confirm, test, provide a resolution if there is one? Would like some help with this please.

26 minutes ago, Glitched said:

I have done some testing on server/client installs with Forge 2294 and up for minecraft 1.11.2 with and without mods. I've narrowed it down to this occurring after Forge has been installed.

I continuously find that attempting to rename items in anvils fails time after time. (Testing this in vanilla on a current or new map works as expected).

However after installing forge 2294 to 0304 (I gave up on testing below 2294), the bug is always present on current maps or brand new ones. This is extremely frustrating when attempting to rename "Filler" blocks for item sorting storage.

Steps:

1: Access an Anvil

2: Place Dirt into first Anvil slot.

3: Rename Dirt in Anvil to Dirt_Filler (or anything you like). 

4: Attempt to pull Dirt_Filler from completed area of Anvil.

Observation:

1: Renamed item returns to first slot with its original name (does not matter if you originally placed one block or a stack in first anvil slot).

2: XP is still used.

Can someone confirm, test, provide a resolution if there is one? Would like some help with this please.

I went ahead and tested this on Forge 2284. Placing a single block in the anvil allows me to pull a single block out. Attempting to pull a full renamed stack does not work. If I place the renamed block on the ground and break it, it returns to the original Un-renamed state.