How to download mods?

pooppingNyan

Optifine is not exactly a mod, and cant really be "downloaded" on a linux without going through some other steps,

But there are some tutorials on YouTube that show you how you can.

For singleplayer World-Edit you need something like LiteLoader or the Forge version of it.

LiteLoader:

http://www.liteloader.com/ (WARNING: LiteLoader is for older versions of Minecraft, and sense I don't know what Version of Mineraft you are using I cant really help with that)

World-Edit

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/worldedit

You could also just find some tutorials about installing Plug-ins for singleplayer ;)

Edited by Ruthless_bug13

6 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

This is not true. Optifine installation on Linux works like on any other operating system.

If you want to install Optifine on vanilla, you run the downloaded jar file, it will act as an installer, similar to Forge's.

If you want to install Optifine with Forge, first install Forge and then simply drop the Optifine jar in the mods folder.

Huh, last I was on Linux it wasn't like this for me, thank you for telling me this.

Not sure where you got that impression from. LiteLoader has versions even for 1.12.1.

Last time I checked they didn't, must have over looked ;)

This is not an "or". The WorldEdit installation instructions clearly state what to do:

Didn't even see that I must be stupid :o

Please do not spread mis-information like this :(

Didn't mean to spread any mis-information was just trying to help, sorry for any confusion.