Minecraft will not open with Forge

Frogboxe

I was on my modded server by myself with everything working. Then some friends were planning on joining in. When they opened the Minecraft launcher (NOTE: two separate people doing this) they got a launcher update. After this, they went to their Forge profiles and clicked Play, only to be immediately hit with an error saying "An unexpected issue occurred" ... etc. as Minecraft normally does when it crashes. The Minecraft output log logs NOTHING (says "Waiting for log output...").

I logged off my game, and started the Minecraft launcher and then was suffering from the same issue they were.

nativelog.txt: "Triggering reopen event...
Success!"

updateLog.txt: "25-10-2017 15:28:01 - going to update Minecraft.exe using C:/__Documents__/Games/Minecraft/tmp/tmpLauncher.tmp
Launcher is definitely closed.
Couldn't move C:/__Documents__/Games/Minecraft/tmp/tmpLauncher.tmp to Minecraft.exe: error 5
Both move and copy failed during try #1, waiting a moment before trying again
Moved C:/__Documents__/Games/Minecraft/tmp/tmpLauncher.tmp to Minecraft.exe successfully"

None of the FML logs have changed since the game has been working. Prior versions of Forge AND the optifine client (I'm not sure if that actually uses Forge or just modifies the base game or anything like that) were tested and yielded the same result. This is been happening for, namely, Forge versions 2514 and 2491. My server still works.

I get the impression that the issue lies more with Minecraft launcher than with Forge (mainly because it doesn't seem that Forge even starts doing anything prior to the crash). I also have no idea how to obtain the JVM Stacktrace because the Minecraft launcher, upon crashing, hides it and I can't find out how. If you need the stacktrace, could you please tell me how to do that.

Thanks for the help.

14 minutes ago, Frogboxe said:

I was on my modded server by myself with everything working. Then some friends were planning on joining in. When they opened the Minecraft launcher (NOTE: two separate people doing this) they got a launcher update. After this, they went to their Forge profiles and clicked Play, only to be immediately hit with an error saying "An unexpected issue occurred" ... etc. as Minecraft normally does when it crashes. The Minecraft output log logs NOTHING (says "Waiting for log output...").

I logged off my game, and started the Minecraft launcher and then was suffering from the same issue they were.

nativelog.txt: "Triggering reopen event...
Success!"

updateLog.txt: "25-10-2017 15:28:01 - going to update Minecraft.exe using C:/__Documents__/Games/Minecraft/tmp/tmpLauncher.tmp
Launcher is definitely closed.
Couldn't move C:/__Documents__/Games/Minecraft/tmp/tmpLauncher.tmp to Minecraft.exe: error 5
Both move and copy failed during try #1, waiting a moment before trying again
Moved C:/__Documents__/Games/Minecraft/tmp/tmpLauncher.tmp to Minecraft.exe successfully"

None of the FML logs have changed since the game has been working. Prior versions of Forge AND the optifine client (I'm not sure if that actually uses Forge or just modifies the base game or anything like that) were tested and yielded the same result. This is been happening for, namely, Forge versions 2514 and 2491. My server still works.

I get the impression that the issue lies more with Minecraft launcher than with Forge (mainly because it doesn't seem that Forge even starts doing anything prior to the crash). I also have no idea how to obtain the JVM Stacktrace because the Minecraft launcher, upon crashing, hides it and I can't find out how. If you need the stacktrace, could you please tell me how to do that.

Thanks for the help.

The same is happening to me, but with forge versions 1614 (1.7.10), 2443 (1.12), 2493 and 2515 (1.12.2). Normal profiles work, but forge profiles do not.