[Server] [1.7.10] Can't Get Start.command to Work

MAXimized

Hello all!

I've been working on a 1.7.10 forge server for my friends and I've run into a problem. If I just double click the forge jar file, it opens up the GUI and starts the server normally. The problem, however, is that (by default) this method only allocates 1GB of ram to the server. Definitely not enough for 10 players and 20 mods! Of course, the way to fix this is to just make a start.command file, put in the code, and change the ram variable to 4G and I'm all good to go!

This doesn't work.

Here's what I've tried:

I have used countless start.command and start.bat configurations, but they all end up with one of two outcomes. The first outcome that I get is "No such file or directory." The other outcome is "Unable to access jar file." I have already used chmod a+x to give permissions to the start.command file, I've verified that everything has read & write permissions, all my mods are fully functional, but I can't find the source of this problem.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Start.command Configurations Used:

Spoiler

Config 1: java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar forge.jar nogui

Spoiler

Config 2:

#!/bin/bash

cd "$(dirname "$0")"

exec java -Xms1G -Xmx1G -jar forge.jar nogui

Additional Info:

Computer: Mac mini (Late 2014)

RAM: 8GB

Java Versions:

Java: 9.0.1

SE Runtime: 9.0.1+11

HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM: 9.0.1+11 mixed mode

Forge Client: 1.7.10 (10.13.4.1558)

Forge Server: (Same as client)

Links:

"Unable to access jar file" console log file (config 1): https://pastebin.com/HeRMMXzX

"No such file or directory" console log file (config 2): https://pastebin.com/QN9U1Tfg

NO CRASH LOGS ARE GENERATED

• Guest locked this topic