start.command doesn't go past [Process completed]

Banana_Rebel

This has been driving me insane and I have been researching this for hours.

I run a forge server for friends on my computer (Windows) but decided I have a decent MAC and it would be easier to run the server on there. I decided that a fresh install rather then trying to franckenstien the current server for MAC.

So I installed the latest version of Java (8) and downloaded forge, I created a new folder and used the installer to download it into the folder. I ran the default minecraft .jar, put true on the EULA and ran it again, then I ran the forge .jar and it worked so then I went to create the .command

I used this text

#!/bin/bash
cd "`dirname "$0"`"
java -Xmx7024M -Xms1024M -jar forge-1.11.2-13.20.1.2530-universal.jar nogui

I ensured it was saved correctly as .command and that it was plain text.

I then correctly gave it persimmon in the terminal by using chmod a+x and that all worked, when I launched it, it gave an odd error about java and I went through all the steps people had previously by trying to redirect the path the terminal uses as it said my version was 1.6 etc etc and eventually I seemed have got that error shifted. But it still didn't work as all it did now was this

Spoiler

Last login: Mon Nov 27 13:30:28 on ttys001
AdministorsiMac:~ administrator$ /Users/administrator/Desktop/MAC\ Forge\ Server\ \(Old\)/start.command ; exit;
A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:62)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:31)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.<init>(Launch.java:34)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
	... 6 more
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

So I decided to create a default Minecraft server to see if that worked, I did the normal process and it worked like a dream, with a .command as well.

Now I've reinstalled java several times and installed the latest JDK. I tried and create another forge server but this time with the latest rather then recommended and the same problem is happening.

Currently is I run java -version into terminal it returns with this

Spoiler

AdministorsiMac:~ administrator$ java -version
java version "9.0.1"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.1+11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.1+11, mixed mode)

I have been at this for hours and have no idea why this is so bloody complicated, anyone have any ideas?

There are no logs I can include, sorry if I missed anything out. This is my first time I've posted.

Edited by Banana_Rebel