Problems with map making tool mods

cronstantine

Hi! I recently installed minecraft and after getting the hang of it my boyfriend suggested to download a mod to make maps quicker. He guided me into installing forge and then the map making tool mod (so I could copy/paste stuff, delete stuff, set blocks and whatever else), I followed both his and the site's guidelines but once I tried to start the mod, it wouldn't work at all. It only crashed and gave me a crash report, which I'm going to copy here to let you all understand:

Spoiler

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

Time: 12/29/17 12:28 AM
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from Map Making Tools (mapmakingtools)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mapmakingtools.MapMakingTools
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:75)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:344)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:522)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)
    at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:253)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:231)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)
    at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:148)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:568)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:231)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:466)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:377)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182)
    ... 42 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.12.2
    Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
    Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 122197160 bytes (116 MB) / 369098752 bytes (352 MB) up to 1073741824 bytes (1024 MB)
    JVM Flags: 8 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=16M
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP 9.42 Powered by Forge 14.23.1.2581 6 mods loaded, 6 mods active
    States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored

| State | ID                | Version      | Source                        | Signature                                |
    |:----- |:----------------- |:------------ |:----------------------------- |:---------------------------------------- |
    | UC    | minecraft         | 1.12.2       | minecraft.jar                 | None                                     |
    | UC    | mcp               | 9.42         | minecraft.jar                 | None                                     |
    | UC    | FML               | 8.0.99.99    | forge-1.12.2-14.23.1.2581.jar | e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557 |
    | UC    | forge             | 14.23.1.2581 | forge-1.12.2-14.23.1.2581.jar | e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557 |
    | UC    | mercurius_updater | 1.0          | MercuriusUpdater-1.12.2.jar   | None                                     |
    | UE    | mapmakingtools    | 2.5.0.103    | mapmakingtools                | None                                     |

Loaded coremods (and transformers):
    GL info: ' Vendor: 'ATI Technologies Inc.' Version: '4.5.13421 Compatibility Profile Context 16.101.1611.1003' Renderer: 'AMD Radeon R5 Graphics'

At first I thought the mod was faulty so I tried to download different mods but it gave me the same exact error. The launcher just stops loading after a short while. I even tried to run the launcher from a different folder but while the game opened, the mods weren't there at all. I tried to search everywhere to understand what I was doing wrong but no one seems to have this problem. I only wanted this mod so I wouldn't spend ages just to make a castle on Minecraft in creative mode but apparently it's harder than I thought. Can someone please help me? I've been trying to make this work for days now.

P.S. I apologize if this is the wrong place to put this topic. I hope I read everything right though.

Edited by diesieben07
spoiler

Ok after doing so the game loaded, thank you a lot :) but it seems I can't use the mod yet.. I'm in creative mode, cheats abled, checked if the mod was abled and it is, but I can't use the wand. Neither any of the cheats of the mod, can't really understand why. Like to use the cheats of the mod I need the wand (which, in the mod, is a wooden axe), but it just doesn't work.

EDIT: Ok after searching through stuff I finally found the problem so it's solved, thank you anyway a lot!!

Edited by cronstantine
found the problem