tick time high with no mods installed

twistedtoe

I was testing mods for my 1.10.2 forge server I am planning to put up soon. I'm testing all this in singleplayer on my pc and not on the dedicated server pc im going to be using. I noticed while standing still and not generating any new chunks, my tps time was really high, over 80ms... With a ton of mods in 1.7.10 it ran around 15ms when not generating anything.

Long story short I ended up removing every single mod. My mods folder is completely empty, im running barebones 1.10.2 forge (tried with both the recommended and latest versions of forge, no change). And my tps time is till around 50ms when standing still. I even left it alone for 10mins to see if it calmed down. it didnt. tried this on multiple new worlds. I also noticed if I change my render distance it has a dramatic effect. If I change it from 16 to 15 the tps time immediately drops from 50ms to around 6ms. My pc can handle high render distances no problem normally... Im running an i5 4670k. 8gb ram, 4gb dedicated to mc. I downloaded the server files for this as well and loaded it on the server, which isnt as powerful, but worked fine for my last 1.7.10 heavily modded server, running around 20ms constantly. The server hosting this has the same issue... I downloaded 1.11.2 forge to see if its a 1.10 forge issue, and i seem to be having the same issue in 1.11 forge as well.... What could possibly be the cause of this?

This is the best example of the issue I can get... I will be running over 200ms (standing still, not generating or loading chunks), but if i move to certain areas, the tps will drop back down to 7ms, and if I move back a single block the other way, it starts skyrocketing back up. keep an eye on the tps counter and what I do to effect it. This is on my server but the same thing happens in single player. Again there are no mods installed at all. Just forge.

On 7-1-2018 at 7:16 PM, twistedtoe said:

Again there are no mods installed at all. Just forge.

I don't recall the debug gui being that way? Are you 100% sure you have no mods installed? Not even Optifine?

Please post the FML log (logs/fml-client-latest.log in your game directory).

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/