Best way to create Slopes

derfl007

Hello,
I have created a mod for that adds road blocks and I have also added slopes for said blocks which do work pretty well. The only problem is, that they are very steep so I wanted to create some that are less steep. So I attempted to do so, but I discovered that I can only set the angle of the top face of the slope to either 45° (which I chose for the steep ones) or 22.5°. Now, 22.5° doesn't work because math doesn't work like that. I tried to make the slopes 2 blocks long, but doing so resulted in the slopes being not the correct height. This is what it does look like with an angle of 22.5°:
mod_slopes.png.3acda20862fcb12da116c425bc98f912.png

The red parts are what the slopes currently look like, the green part is what I would like them to look like and the orange parts are normal blocks. So as you can see I would need an angle of about 26° which is not possible with json blockstates or the slopes don't have the required height. What would you suggest me to do to make them look the way the should? Should I create a TileEntity or is there another way?

The code for my mod in its current state can be found here: https://github.com/derfl007/Road-Mod-Remake

Thanks!

I would probably say "Minecraft is blocky" and leave it with the imperfection. Otherwise if you're willing to work for the smoothness I think you can make a custom baked model, and if that doesn't work then yes a tileentity with special renderer. Others know more about it than me, but I'm certain you can achieve it with some work. The question is whether it is worth it or whether you can live with a Minecraft-typical "imperfection".

• Like 1

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, jabelar said:

I would probably say "Minecraft is blocky" and leave it with the imperfection. Otherwise if you're willing to work for the smoothness I think you can make a custom baked model, and if that doesn't work then yes a tileentity with special renderer. Others know more about it than me, but I'm certain you can achieve it with some work. The question is whether it is worth it or whether you can live with a Minecraft-typical "imperfection".

Okay thanks, started working on something else for the moment, but after that I'll look into custom block models, hope I'll find something