Help with custom JEI support

Corey

Hi, I'm not sure if asking about help with specific mods is allowed, but I'm having trouble figuring out the documentation for JEI integration.  Basically, I have a custom recipe type that extends ShapelessRecipes. It's exactly the same, but adds an extra field that's read out of the json.  Because it extends ShapelessRecipes, the recipes are already listen in JEI, great.  But I want to render a string on the recipe page based on the field that's read in.

My first thought was to extend the vanilla handlers and jack in support that way, but since they aren't part of the JEI API, that doesn't really seem like an option.  I'd rather not copy and paste all of the code into my own classes to make the minor changes I need to.  Is there any way I can render the extra line of text without doing that?

Note: I see IRecipeWrapper has a drawInfo method that allows extra things to be drawn.  I tried implementing ICraftingRecipeWrapper on my recipe class, but the vanilla plugin still wraps my recipe in its own wrapper, which doesn't delegate to mine of course.  I tried doing the following in my plugin's register method, but my wrapper factory doesn't get called:

registry.handleRecipes(CustomRecipeClass.class, recipe -> recipe, GradientRecipeCraftingUid.CRAFTING);