[1.12.2] Dynamically Swapping Ingredients in a Crafting Recipe

WilliHay

I would like to be able to dynamically change one of the ingredients in one of my shaped recipes while the client is running, in response to a mod configuration change (e.g. when difficulty is set to "HARD", use an ender eye instead of an ender pearl in the crafting of a wand). Do I have to go through the trouble of creating a dynamic recipe factory (i.e. implementing IRecipe and an IRecipeFactory, creating _factories.json, etc.) just to swap out one ingredient? Or is there an easier way to accomplish this from the ConfigChangedEvent.OnConfigChangedEvent?

I mean, the only way without a custom IRecipe implementation is to reload the recipes in the event and use conditional recipes, but don't ever do that, that is a horrible idea.

Either use a custom IRecipe implementation and 

17 hours ago, WilliHay said:

go through the trouble of creating a dynamic recipe factory (i.e. implementing IRecipe and an IRecipeFactory, creating _factories.json, etc.

or create multiple recipes with the whole conditional recipe system(there are config conditions I believe) but then the game needs to be reloaded in order for your changes to take effect.

• Thanks 1