Server crash on startup

KaJay

I am having trouble running my server. Whenever I run the jar all I get is this error in the console; it generates no logs nor any other information allowing me to move forward other than the contents of the command line:

Spoiler

A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:70)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.<init>(Launch.java:34)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
    ... 6 more

https://pastebin.com/meE1w36E

Things to note:

- The machine runs Debian with Java 11 (both latest as of the time of writing)

- Prior to this one, I successfully hosted the exact same server fileset on 2 different windows machines (W10 Pro) with the same Java version (perhaps a couple days' difference) with no problems to speak of

- I tested to confirm that vanilla server software does work on this machine

- Minecraft version is 1.12.2 with correct forge version (if the previous successful W10 launches are anything to go by)

- The command line code used to launch the server that I tried were variations of:

java -Xmx4G -Xms3G -jar forge.jar nogui

with variations ranging from removing the memory arguments, all the way to using the 'java -jar forge.jar' part only. All the necessary files are executable and have proper ownership.

I will add anything that can help as needed, including the mod list (which I currently deem unnecessary due to the server not even reaching the mod load stage) and or any logs that may exist that I am currently unaware of, as soon as somebody points me to where such files can be located, other than the 'logs' folder

Edited by KaJay
Clarification

• 4 weeks later...