Custom block renderer

tmetcalfe89

I've looked all over the place for a tutorial on how to do a custom block renderer with a GL render I made in Techne. The tutorials that I've found either use the new OBJ import (Pahimar's EE3 for example) or use ModLoader, which is ancient. Does anybody have some sample code or a relevant tutorial?

If I helped, show me some love and hit that thanks button!

I've looked all over the place for a tutorial on how to do a custom block renderer with a GL render I made in Techne. The tutorials that I've found either use the new OBJ import (Pahimar's EE3 for example) or use ModLoader, which is ancient. Does anybody have some sample code or a relevant tutorial?

If I helped, show me some love and hit that thanks button!

I have a feeling the bug you're experiencing is because of the way the rendering is done. It doesn't render them absolutely, but relatively to the camera. So in order for anything to appear in a fixed position, its render position must be subtracted by the camera position. If you don't do this subtraction, it'll render in whatever position you specified relative to the camera, always. In this case, you probably specified something like (0, 1, 0) if it's above your head.

Check the position of (x, y, z) in the render class and you'll see that they constantly change based on where the player (camera) is, which is why you can use them as if they're absolute coordinates like most everything else using xyz.

width=336 height=83http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1237/cooltext624963071.png[/img]

I make games, minecraft mods/plugins, and some graphic art.

Current Project: LoECraft - An industrial minecraft server with its own modpack and custom launcher.

I have a feeling the bug you're experiencing is because of the way the rendering is done. It doesn't render them absolutely, but relatively to the camera. So in order for anything to appear in a fixed position, its render position must be subtracted by the camera position. If you don't do this subtraction, it'll render in whatever position you specified relative to the camera, always. In this case, you probably specified something like (0, 1, 0) if it's above your head.

Check the position of (x, y, z) in the render class and you'll see that they constantly change based on where the player (camera) is, which is why you can use them as if they're absolute coordinates like most everything else using xyz.

width=336 height=83http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1237/cooltext624963071.png[/img]

I make games, minecraft mods/plugins, and some graphic art.

Current Project: LoECraft - An industrial minecraft server with its own modpack and custom launcher.