Jump to content

projectile wont render-1.14.4


izako

Recommended Posts

So, I've dealt with this error before back in 1.12.2 where the projectile would shoot and hit the entity but it'd be invisible. the fix i used in 1.12.2 doesn't seem to be the problem this time.

I'm trying to make a custom projectile that shoots and im  using a custom renderer but the doRender method never actually runs.

 

this is my item class: 

https://github.com/izako666/HunterX/blob/1.14.4/main/java/com/izako/hunterx/items/YoyoItem.java

this is my entity class: 

https://github.com/izako666/HunterX/blob/1.14.4/main/java/com/izako/hunterx/items/entities/YoyoEntity.java

this is my render class: 

https://github.com/izako666/HunterX/blob/1.14.4/main/java/com/izako/hunterx/items/renderers/YoyoRenderer.java

this is where i register my renderer: 

https://github.com/izako666/HunterX/blob/1.14.4/main/java/com/izako/hunterx/registerers/ClientSideRegistry.java

and that method gets called here: 

https://github.com/izako666/HunterX/blob/1.14.4/main/java/com/izako/hunterx/Main.java

here i register my entity: 

https://github.com/izako666/HunterX/blob/1.14.4/main/java/com/izako/hunterx/registerers/ModEventSubscriber.java

 

I used the debugger and all registry code does run, i also checked doRender in the renderer class but doRender didn't work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Howdy

I suggest you could troubleshoot it by putting a breakpoint in WorldRenderer::updateCameraAndRender() at the 

iprofiler.endStartSection("entities");

section, then stepping through the entity loop until it reaches your entity and then tracing in to see where the problem is, eg

1) Is your entity present at all?

2) Is it being clipped (out of view)?

3) Is the correct renderer being called?

4) Is the renderer actually drawing anything?

 

etc

 

Cheers

  TGG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TheGreyGhost said:

Howdy

I suggest you could troubleshoot it by putting a breakpoint in WorldRenderer::updateCameraAndRender() at the 


iprofiler.endStartSection("entities");

section, then stepping through the entity loop until it reaches your entity and then tracing in to see where the problem is, eg

1) Is your entity present at all?

2) Is it being clipped (out of view)?

3) Is the correct renderer being called?

4) Is the renderer actually drawing anything?

 

etc

 

Cheers

  TGG

 

if i put a breakpoint there it'll stop the game every tick so I can't really debug that way and I'm not quite sure what to do since I'm not used to the debugger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Izako

 

Yes you're right, it will stop the game every tick.  But that doesn't matter because once it is stopped (paused) you can easily find the problem and solve it.

 

If you're not used to the debugger I think it would be very helpful for you to spend some time learning how to use breakpoints, variable watches, and tracing in your debugger.  It makes debugging much much easier and it will make your programming experience very frustrating if you don't use it.  There are many many great online tutorials, and it really isn't difficult to learn the basics.

 

Cheers

  TGG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, TheGreyGhost said:

Hi Izako

 

Yes you're right, it will stop the game every tick.  But that doesn't matter because once it is stopped (paused) you can easily find the problem and solve it.

 

If you're not used to the debugger I think it would be very helpful for you to spend some time learning how to use breakpoints, variable watches, and tracing in your debugger.  It makes debugging much much easier and it will make your programming experience very frustrating if you don't use it.  There are many many great online tutorials, and it really isn't difficult to learn the basics.

 

Cheers

  TGG

It seems that the entity itself is never present. I checked the loop and the projectile entity never appears. It can't be the registration of the entity since i can summon the entity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the exact same problem in 1.15.

 

My Problem was, that the entity was not synced with the client correctly.

My Solution was to override the

ThrowableEntity#createSpawnPacket

method in the Entity class, and call

return NetworkHooks.getEntitySpawningPacket(this);

inside that method.

 

Maybe that helps.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VirtCraft said:

I had the exact same problem in 1.15.

 

My Problem was, that the entity was not synced with the client correctly.

My Solution was to override the


ThrowableEntity#createSpawnPacket

method in the Entity class, and call


return NetworkHooks.getEntitySpawningPacket(this);

 inside that method.

 

Maybe that helps.

Yeah I tested it and it seems that the entity doesn't spawn on client. Even after doing what you said and I also added a customClientFactory but it's still null on client side

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.