Mac Jar file error. Cannot get start.command to work

Mo1

6 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Where did you get the command file from? It seems to not work properly.

And why did you rename the jar files created by the installer?

And, most importantly, why on earth did you make photos of your screen instead of making a screenshot?

All very fair questions my good sir...

1) I watched some tutorials and copied and pasted their command files. Ive tried many different versions of the .command file and none have worked. I thought the jar file could be named anything as long as it matched? All the mac server ram increase videos i have seen have used that .command file.

I also have a vanilla server running fine with a similar command file and it has no issues accessing the jar after renaming it.

2) I just saw it in the video.

3) I'm a headass and wasnt thinking cause i just woke up.

thanks again for your help!

14 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Where did you get the command file from? It seems to not work properly.

And why did you rename the jar files created by the installer?

And, most importantly, why on earth did you make photos of your screen instead of making a screenshot?

I will give actual screenshots from now on my bad!

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You must use ", not the fancy quotes you are using.

progress! I think it's accessing jar now but I am getting an error

In my terminal it starts up and then goes crazy red and turns off. Should i screen shot or copy and paste error. It is quite long

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

Post the error as text please.

crap one second. didnt see that

Last login: Mon Apr 27 11:19:49 on ttys000
/Users/mo/Desktop/Chocolate/start.command ; exit;

The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.
For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.
Mauricios-MBP-3:~ mo$ /Users/mo/Desktop/Chocolate/start.command ; exit;
[11:20:03] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 31.1.0, --fml.mcpVersion, 20200122.131323, --fml.mcVersion, 1.15.2, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge]
[11:20:03] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 5.0.0-milestone.4+67+b1a340b starting: java version 14.0.1 by Oracle Corporation
[11:20:04] [main/INFO] [ne.mi.fm.lo.FixSSL/CORE]: Added Lets Encrypt root certificates as additional trust
[11:20:06] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine:<init>:143]: Warning: Nashorn engine is planned to be removed from a future JDK release
[11:20:07] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.LaunchServiceHandler/MODLAUNCHER]: Launching target 'fmlserver' with arguments [--gameDir, .]
[11:20:29] [main/WARN] [minecraft/Commands]: Ambiguity between arguments [teleport, destination] and [teleport, targets] with inputs: [Player, 0123, @e, dd12be42-52a9-4a91-a8a1-11c01849e498]
[11:20:29] [main/WARN] [minecraft/Commands]: Ambiguity between arguments [teleport, location] and [teleport, destination] with inputs: [0.1 -0.5 .9, 0 0 0]
[11:20:29] [main/WARN] [minecraft/Commands]: Ambiguity between arguments [teleport, location] and [teleport, targets] with inputs: [0.1 -0.5 .9, 0 0 0]
[11:20:29] [main/WARN] [minecraft/Commands]: Ambiguity between arguments [teleport, targets] and [teleport, destination] with inputs: [Player, 0123, dd12be42-52a9-4a91-a8a1-11c01849e498]
[11:20:29] [main/WARN] [minecraft/Commands]: Ambiguity between arguments [teleport, targets, location] and [teleport, targets, destination] with inputs: [0.1 -0.5 .9, 0 0 0]
[11:20:33] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Starting minecraft server version 1.15.2
[11:20:33] [Server thread/ERROR] [ne.mi.ev.EventBus/EVENTBUS]: Failed to resolve handler for "net.minecraftforge.fml.network.simple.SimpleChannel$$Lambda$2906/0x000000080150d440@3c1a25e4"
[11:20:33] [Server thread/ERROR] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Encountered an unexpected exception
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.<init>(ModLoader.java:121) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.get(ModLoader.java:146) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.server.ServerModLoader.begin(ServerModLoader.java:45) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:122) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:611) [?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832) [?:?] {}
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to resolve consumer event type: net.minecraftforge.fml.network.simple.SimpleChannel$$Lambda$2906/0x000000080150d440@3c1a25e4
    at net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus.addListener(EventBus.java:194) ~[eventbus-2.0.0-milestone.1-service.jar:?] {}
    at net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus.addListener(EventBus.java:161) ~[eventbus-2.0.0-milestone.1-service.jar:?] {}
    at net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus.addListener(EventBus.java:156) ~[eventbus-2.0.0-milestone.1-service.jar:?] {}
    at net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus.addListener(EventBus.java:151) ~[eventbus-2.0.0-milestone.1-service.jar:?] {}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.network.NetworkInstance.addListener(NetworkInstance.java:65) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.network.simple.SimpleChannel.<init>(SimpleChannel.java:56) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.network.simple.SimpleChannel.<init>(SimpleChannel.java:49) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.network.NetworkRegistry$ChannelBuilder.simpleChannel(NetworkRegistry.java:409) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.network.NetworkInitialization.getHandshakeChannel(NetworkInitialization.java:38) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.network.FMLNetworkConstants.<clinit>(FMLNetworkConstants.java:48) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    ... 6 more
[11:20:33] [Server thread/ERROR] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: This crash report has been saved to: /Users/mo/Desktop/Chocolate/./crash-reports/crash-2020-04-27_11.20.33-server.txt
[11:20:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Stopping server
[11:20:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Saving worlds
[11:20:34] [Server thread/ERROR] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Exception stopping the server
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not hotload overworld. This must be loaded at all times by main Server.
    at org.apache.commons.lang3.Validate.isTrue(Validate.java:158) ~[server-1.15.2-extra.jar:?] {}
    at net.minecraftforge.common.DimensionManager.initWorld(DimensionManager.java:229) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.common.DimensionManager.getWorld(DimensionManager.java:198) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71218_a(MinecraftServer.java:1002) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_213211_a(MinecraftServer.java:534) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71260_j(MinecraftServer.java:566) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71260_j(DedicatedServer.java:549) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:674) [?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832) [?:?] {}
> logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

Java 12 and above are not yet supported by Forge.

It is recommended to stick with Java 8 for modded Minecraft for the time being.

shoot ok. I saw something about that from a post a while ago, but wasnt sure.

Why does it run when I click the file by itself?

I downloaded java 8, but how do I start using it?

Sorry for being a noob! and thanks again!!

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

I don't own a Mac so I unfortunately can't be very specific here.

In general you need to specify the full path to the Java executable you want to use (for me on linux this is /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java) instead of just saying java.

So youre saying specifiy the path specifically in the start.command file?