MVerse - Modded Multiverse

John Susek

Hey everyone, I've built a forge mod that allows for modded multiverse capabilities. I hope you'll check it out.

https://github.com/johnsusek/mverse

It uses fancy enterprise clustering technology to sync player data between servers.

For clients the mod is simple, your character (inventory, everything) just magically follows you around across servers. 

It will work with forge mods, as long as all the servers have them installed. I've tested it with JourneyMap to confirm this.

Buildable player portals between servers are coming very soon. Imagine collections of servers, all running the same set of mods, linked together all over by player portals, as one big cluster/mesh/multiverse/metaverse. Right now multiverse mods are all vanilla and I want to change that. All kinds of interesting things can happen if you link modded servers together.

I'm looking to see how the clustering performs with some traffic (more than just myself), so if you want to try it out, just connect to clio.mverse.network or thalia.mverse.network after you install the client mod. Connect to one and play around, dig some stuff, then connect to the other server and notice your character has followed you!

What I'm also looking for though is server admins who would be interested in joining my cluster (or forming their own). Then we can get other admins to join the cluster too, and see how big we can make it! It's only experimental, so only new/spare servers please. Check out the server install docs for a taste of what joining/starting a cluster is like. Joining is super easy for anyone experienced with MC server admin, it's just a few extra command line parameters.

This could be the start of something really big! I hope you'll join me in trying it out, either as a player or joining your server to the mverse cluster.

• Like 1