Game crashing upon opening world; Server tick loop error

So I have a Survival world in Minecraft 1.15.2 I've been playing with for a month and it was working smoothly until I installed Mr. Crayfish's Furniture Mod this morning, but I'm pretty certain this mod isn't the cause of the crash (I'll explain in a bit). Basically, every single time I open my survival world, the game crashes and I'm met with this.

"The game crashed whilst exception in server tick loop
Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop"

Crash log is here.

As far as I'm aware I've only been having issues with this particular world. I created a test world, placed some furniture blocks, relaunched the game, and said test world seemed to work just fine, but only my survival world keeps crashing or freezing in the loading screen. I did skim through the crash log, and for some baffling reason it has listed most of my mods as being "incompatible", even though they worked with seemingly no issue at all in the test world I had created.

I have tried getting some help from a few friends, but nothing's worked. I have tried the following, to no avail:

-uninstalling Crayfish's furniture mod

-updating Forge (to the latest version)

-updating Optifine

-downloading & installing Optiforge

-copying the world; though it did work once (!!!) , re-entering the world caused it to crash again. Creating another, third copy did not resolve this issue.

-clearing my java cache

-resetting java arguments

-allocating more RAM (I am using 7 GB of RAM. Upping it to 8-9 didn't work)

I need to know how or why this is happening so I can fix this. I'm at my wit's end.

Edited by chronocrasher

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Looks like a problem with badly registered dimensions to me.

Make a backup and try removing mods that add dimensions.

I backed up the old world and created a copy. I've removed every mod I could think of that adds a dimension and I'm still crashing with the same error.

Here's the log. The opening line is rather appropriate though, lol.

Just now, diesieben07 said:

Then I can only conclude that your world is corrupted and you need to restore it from a working backup.

That would be great. But the only issue I have is that my backup doesn't actually work because of course it doesn't.

So that means my whole world, which I have passionately spent a month on building, has been erased for reason at all.

Cool! 🙂

Woop, just noticed I clicked the wrong download link. I am a buffoon.

The world is now loading as intended! Thanks so much for your help man! <33

Important edit.... most of the stuff in my chests are gone. 😨

Edit numero dos: Found a way around it. Thx again for the help ❤️

Edited by chronocrasher

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, you fixed my modded long term world(valhelsia 2) and also taught me more on minecraft save files. few notes for people that will be using this method fixing there worlds...

1. Make sure you download the correct file.

2.When you remove the data he shows, make sure you save first instead of x'ing out.

3. Also dont worry about any stuff getting deleted in your "dimensions" they will still be there

Again thank you and have fun anyone thats about to save there "crashing" world