[1.15.2] [Solved] Having trouble with Custom Mob Spawning in Custom Biome

JaceG0326

I've been following a tutorial on how to mod with 1.15.2 forge but once they got through custom mobs they never explained how to make them spawn in custom biomes or in any biome for that matter. I've been trying to figure it out and for the most part I have but I can't seem to get them to spawn in more than one biome. This is my code so far

private void setup(final FMLCommonSetupEvent event)
{
    BiomeInit.BIOMES.getEntries().stream().map(RegistryObject::get).filter(biome -> biome == BiomeInit.PINK_BIOME.get()).forEach(b ->
    {
        List<Biome.SpawnListEntry> creatures = b.getSpawns(EntityClassification.CREATURE);
        creatures.add(new Biome.SpawnListEntry(ModEntityTypes.PINK_SHEEP.get(), 50, 3, 6));
        EntitySpawnPlacementRegistry.register(ModEntityTypes.PINK_SHEEP.get(), EntitySpawnPlacementRegistry.PlacementType.ON_GROUND, Heightmap.Type.MOTION_BLOCKING_NO_LEAVES, AnimalEntity::canAnimalSpawn);
    });
}

I've seen some posts on here mention DeferredWorkQueues and I tried that but I still couldn't figure out how to make multiple different filters or how to filter out everything but two biomes (both custom btw).

Edited by JaceG0326
Issue has been resolved

4 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

So first you get all your biomes.

Then you filter out everything that is not equal to PINK_BIOME. Why?

Oh you're completely right. I've completely ignored that part. I've removed the filter for now because I only have two custom biomes but if I wanted to filter out multiple vanilla biomes how would I go about that? Would just using || between each biome work?

This is my code right now:

private void setup(final FMLCommonSetupEvent event) {
    DeferredWorkQueue.runLater(new Runnable() {

@Override
        public void run() {
            BiomeInit.BIOMES.getEntries().stream().map(RegistryObject::get).forEach(b ->
            {
                List<Biome.SpawnListEntry> creatures = b.getSpawns(EntityClassification.CREATURE);
                creatures.add(new Biome.SpawnListEntry(ModEntityTypes.PINK_SHEEP.get(), 50, 3, 6));
                EntitySpawnPlacementRegistry.register(ModEntityTypes.PINK_SHEEP.get(), EntitySpawnPlacementRegistry.PlacementType.ON_GROUND, Heightmap.Type.MOTION_BLOCKING_NO_LEAVES, AnimalEntity::canAnimalSpawn);

});
        }
    });
}

When I run it I get this error:

[10:21:49] [Render thread/ERROR] [ne.mi.fm.DeferredWorkQueue/]: Encountered exception executing deferred work
java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Duplicate registration for type tutorialmod:pink_sheep

Sorry, I'm fairly new to this still

My bad. I'll make sure to do that next time I changed some of the code according to the error before I saw your reply. It crashed because this was running twice:

To fix this I changed my code to this:

@Override
        public void run() {
            BiomeInit.BIOMES.getEntries().stream().map(RegistryObject::get).filter(biome -> biome == BiomeInit.PINK_BIOME.get()).forEach(b ->
            {
                creatures.add(new Biome.SpawnListEntry(ModEntityTypes.PINK_SHEEP.get(), 20, 3, 6));
            });

BiomeInit.BIOMES.getEntries().stream().map(RegistryObject::get).filter(biome -> biome == BiomeInit.PINK_CHILD_BIOME.get()).forEach(b ->
            {
                creatures.add(new Biome.SpawnListEntry(ModEntityTypes.PINK_SHEEP.get(), 20, 3, 6));
            });
        }
    });
}

I'm fairly sure the two filters aren't necessary but I'm trying to keep this as close the original code as possible because I'm not sure what works and doesn't. Do you think this could work? It's loading in with no errors but I can't find the mob in either biome. I don't know if I'm just getting unlucky or if they can't spawn for whatever reason.

17 minutes ago, JaceG0326 said:

My bad. I'll make sure to do that next time I changed some of the code according to the error before I saw your reply. It crashed because this was running twice:

To fix this I changed my code to this:

@Override
        public void run() {
            {
            });

BiomeInit.BIOMES.getEntries().stream().map(RegistryObject::get).filter(biome -> biome == BiomeInit.PINK_CHILD_BIOME.get()).forEach(b ->
            {
            });
        }
    });
}

I'm fairly sure the two filters aren't necessary but I'm trying to keep this as close the original code as possible because I'm not sure what works and doesn't. Do you think this could work? It's loading in with no errors but I can't find the mob in either biome. I don't know if I'm just getting unlucky or if they can't spawn for whatever reason.

It's working for the Pink Forest but not it's child biome. I think that's because it uses a custom grass block as it's top layer. Don't how to fix that but that's not what my issue was so as soon as I can figure out how to mark this as solved I will. Thanks for your help.