[1.16.2] Rendering Large OBJ Models

ZephyrWolf_

Hey all. So I am working on my multiblock system. Reminiscent of IE in terms of looks I suppose. Currently I have no special rendering code. The rendering of the multiblock is handled by a single block using the OBJ model loader for the blockstate. I have several questions about issues and best practices and what not but I will limit my questions for now:

1) After writing this, I have found some people on this forum say to not render blocks with obj larger than 1 block. ok. If this is the case, could someone politely explain how I would go about rendering this structure in a better way. (Keeping in mind I am trying to keep these MBs data driven if possible)

2) Currently my render is glowing, aka lighting isn't being applied. I am not sure what would be causing this, but if it is because the MB is larger than a single block then garghgh.

3.thumb.png.5f6a904a63c9f47307bd1d4098ab698a.png

The way I wrote my MBs can be seen here https://forums.minecraftforge.net/topic/92057-1162-block-with-wavefront-obj-model/

This was copy paste from my code, but if you do want me to upload my JSON files then I will.

P.S

I don't care what your opinion is; if you can't be polite, I don't want your help

Grrr ok. Hmmm...

As i mentioned, id love to have this datadriven. Ideally I would have the model divided into block size models and baked. But i can ready see a bunch of issues:

-splitting the model

-baking a variable amount of models

-and blockstates cant support a property with a variable value from what i know. I really want to avoid tile entities.

Ill spend some time looking at each problem on its own; any help would be appreciated.

I think i will look into a custom model loader. thx. I mostly mod to just play with code.

I actually already have a system in place that allows a position of a mb to lookup the location of the master tile. Is it possible to have a block render a certain way from that? As you said; blockstate limitations tho. Hmmm