Forge and 1.6 Launcher - Seperate Game Directories

ZephireNZ

Creating a Forge profile on the launcher works fine if you have only 1 forge setup. I personally have multiple, so I relocated them to be in seperate folders (by using the inbuilt game directory feature, of course). However, it seems - for whatever reason - that Forge wants to put all of its own files in .minecraft. This makes it so all of Minecraft's core features are run out of the set game directory, but everything else, like the mods directory, resources/mods and so on, are being placed in .minecraft.

Did some further tests. It seems when copying over a minecraft.jar file from pre-1.6 will do this, creating everything in .minecraft. That's likely just because the entirety of 1.5.2 is ignoring the Launcher's requests.

With a 1.5 jar that was downloaded after 1.6, however, it fails to launch at all. It seems that the forge code for 1.5 is breaking the net.minecraft.client.Minecraft class, hence stopping it from loading properly.

Stacktrace:

Client> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

Client> at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:179)

Client> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

Client> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

Client> at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

Client> at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

Client> at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:53)

Client> at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:18)

Client> Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes

Client> at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.processImpl(Unknown Source)

Client> at sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(Unknown Source)

Client> at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(Unknown Source)

Client> at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(Unknown Source)

Client> at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(Unknown Source)

Client> at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(Unknown Source)

Client> at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)

Client> at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)

Client> at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.getClassBytes(LaunchClassLoader.java:351)

Client> at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:165)

Client> ... 6 more

I'd say that because of the new launcher, and because of the majority of people (hopefully) wishing to switch to the new laucher, it might be wise to release versions of both Forge 1.5 and 1.6 that are compatible with the new launcher.

I just download a fresh version and had no problems.

I have installed the following:

minecraftforge-universal-1.5.2-7.8.1.737

OptiFine_1.5.2_HD_U_D5

liteloader_1.5.2

with the following in .minecraft/mods directory:

[1.5.2]ReiMinimap_v3.3_06

mod_macros_0.9.9_for_1.5.2.litemod

I would like to see a version for 1.5.2 that used the minecraft directory selected in the profile since I will be playing multiple versions until all of the servers and mod I use update to 1.6.

Can we get a fix for this please?