Forge 1.7.10 NOT WORKING

trainfanjay

Having heaps of problems installing forge 1.7.10. Cant get the installers to open, comes up with a log file instead of launching. When trying to open with CMD it says cannot access jarfile. I can install the later versions no problem. A lot of my friends still use servers that require 1.7.10 forge, and everything I'm trying isnt helping. I've tried downgrading JAVA, I've tried just about everything. Please, any help is greatly appreciated!! 

This is what is said in the log file that shows up when I try open the JAR file to install forge.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.ClientInstall.getSponsorMessage(ClientInstall.java:326)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerAction.getSponsorMessage(InstallerAction.java:59)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.updateFilePath(InstallerPanel.java:236)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.<init>(InstallerPanel.java:217)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.launchGui(SimpleInstaller.java:153)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.main(SimpleInstaller.java:40)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.buildMirrorList(MirrorData.java:84)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.<init>(MirrorData.java:63)
    at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.<clinit>(MirrorData.java:17)
    ... 6 more

Same for me [1.8.9]

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at net.minecraftforge.installer.ClientInstall.getSponsorMessage(ClientInstall.java:326)
at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerAction.getSponsorMessage(InstallerAction.java:59)
at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.updateFilePath(InstallerPanel.java:236)
at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.<init>(InstallerPanel.java:217)
at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.launchGui(SimpleInstaller.java:153
at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.main(SimpleInstaller.java:40)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.buildMirrorList(MirrorData.java:84)
at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.<init>(MirrorData.java:63)
at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.<clinit>(MirrorData.java:17) ... 6 more