I really like it from first look. Good job.
Testificor Mentula. What does it mean? What does it do? This mod adds the concept of souls into the game, to be infused with ingots, and gems, or to overhaul potions. This is not a finished mod, I am going to consider all suggestions. Download Links: Spotlights: General Walkthrough/Mod Explained Part 1 Introduction (Includes crafting recipes, etc.): No more comic sans! It's time to get serious. To start off, you'll need to create a bottle, seen here. You can then fill the bottle with a trapped spirit, seen here. To obtain the trapped spirit, you will first need magic beans. Obtain these as a chance drop when you kill a spirited villager. To transform a villager into a spirited villager, kill a villager with a diamond. (This is temporary, future version will have the villager spawning in villages naturally.) Once you kill him however, you'll notice a new mob has spawn. This is the spirit we are going to be trapping. Later on we will trap the spirit to this current world more efficiently, so keep that in mind. To trap a spirit the early game way, simply kill it with any tool/item/block/empty hand. This has a high chance of angering the spirit instead of trapping it, so be warned. Angry spirits will not drop trapped spirits. Before we begin anything else in this mod, you need to know how to do what I like to call a tier charge. (The different levels being one, two, and three.) To do so look at the crafting recipes shown here. In order to make an item tier one charged, place a filled soul bottle and the relevant item in the crafting window (shapeless recipe). In this case we will be tier one charging the magic beans into charged magic beans. In order to make an item tier two charged, place a filled soul bottle, a charged magic bean, and the relevant item in the crafting window (also shapeless). In this case we will be tier two charging gold, iron, diamonds, and emeralds. Now, we get into the good stuff. You're going to need to make the next level of base materials, shown here. As you can see, those two formats are how you create soul ingots (either or), and the recipe for soul gems. It's at this point that I'd like to make notice of the fact that there are storage blocks available, and they will have a use later in this tutorial. Soul ingot blocks, and soul diamond blocks (there is no soul gem blocks because of something I will show you later). You might be wondering, "What is that? That has no relevance to storage blocks." You would be correct. I was too lazy to split the png file. You can see the soul emerald block there. The crafting recipe above it is a tier one charge on lava, to create soul fire. We will see this more relevant later in this tutorial. I had to put it somewhere. You now have a choice. You've probably noticed that you need a LOT of trapped spirits. (Bottled spirit only has 32 charge uses.) You can either: Work towards the more efficient spirit collection I talked about earlier. or Make the low level (and eventually high level) spirit charges. For the sake of this walkthrough I am going to choose to do the creation of low level spirit charges first. To begin with this, you will need 4 storage blocks of the particular mob you want to have the powers of. (Inksacks for squids, rotten flesh for zombies, etc.) To do this, use this universal recipe. (Substitute inksacks for the relevant item drop, list of effects will be later on.) You can see here that it only takes eight of the mob drop, around a slimeball, to create the storage block. (The storage block can not be reverted back.) Next, you will need to make Condenser Jewel Halfs, which is shown below the storage block. (I recommend making 8 of these to start, seeing as you need two for the low level spirit charge and four for the high level spirit charge.) Then, you simply put two condenser jewel halfs together in a shapeless format to create the condenser jewel. You then, using the heat of the soul fire, forge the soul ingots into a ring and place them around the condenser jewel, to make a low level condenser, which is used to condense the storage blocks into an absorbable size. Note that you will consume charged magic beans every time you use this, and you will get back only the condenser. General Walkthrough/Mod Explained Part 2 Spirit Charge List and Tier 3 Charging(Includes crafting recipes, etc.): The list of possible spirit charges include: Fish = speed Pork = regen Wool = invisibility Rotten Flesh = strength Feather = jump boost Golden Sword = fire resistance Inksacks = water breathing, night vision Leather = resistance Mushroom = hunger replenished for a very, very long time. Now, we will dive into the realm of high level spirit charges. To start off, you will need to make nether star dust. Afterwards, you need to combine the condenser jewel with one nether star dust, to charge it. Next, is tier three charging. Here it is everybody. The most painful thing in this entire mod. The charging pedestal can be made with this key: 1, 7, 1, 7, 1 7, 5, 8, 5, 7 1, 8, 3, 8, 1 7, 5, 8, 5, 7 1, 7, 1, 2, 1 1, 0, 0, 0, 1 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 0, 0, 6, 0, 0 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 1, 0, 0, 0, 1 1, 0, 0, 0, 1 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 0, 0, 6, 0, 0 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 1, 0, 0, 0, 1 1, 0, 0, 0, 1 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 0, 0, 13, 0, 0 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 1, 0, 0, 0, 1 11, 6, 1, 6, 11 6, 0, 9, 0, 6 1, 9, 6, 9, 1 6, 0, 9, 0, 6 11, 6, 1, 6, 11 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 0, 1, 10, 1, 0 0, 10, 3, 10, 0 0, 1, 10, 1, 0 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 0, 0, 4, 0, 0 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 iron - 1 diamond - 3 emerald - 4 coal - 5 glass - 6 soul sand - 7 nether brick - 8 iron fence - 9 glow stone - 10 obsidian - 11 netherstar - 12 Anywho, this, when charging, has a 25% chance to instantly kill you, ad 25% chance to hurt you, and make the charge fail, and a 50% chance to go smoothly. So have fun. Charge recipes are shown below. To charge left click the block with the item you want to charge. If in a stack, make sure a single item is right of the stack. General Walkthrough/Mod Explained Part 3 Finishing High Level Spirit Charges (Includes crafting recipes, etc.): Now, back to making the high level spirit charges. The above is how to create the upgraded condenser, to withhold the raw power of the nether star, and the uncharged omega charge. That's about it for the high level spirit charge (omega charge), other than it has a 50% chance to give you nasty effects without the good effects. General Walkthrough/Mod Explained Part 4 Aesthetic Block/Efficient Spirit Trapping(Includes crafting recipes, etc.): Now, onto the efficient collection of trapped spirits. To start off, we're going to make a decorative block added by this mod, simply by charging an oak wood log. It can then be crafted down into planks, and fancy planks. The fancy planks and the normal planks can be swapped between by recharging them. They can also be used in the crafting recipes in any order or fashion. Then, we make the stick. Now that that is over, we can forge charged soul ingots around the stick, and then forge a little more to make it possible to put two of them together. The next logical step, put two halfs together. The recipe for the head of the soul trapper is shown above. Next, we put the head on the bottom, to get the full soul trapper. And there you have it. When you kill a spirit with this item, you will have a 100% chance of trapping them. Also, a 100% chance to not spawn an angry spirit. Hoorah. General Walkthrough/Mod Explained Part 5 Glass/Lamps(Includes crafting recipes, etc.): There are two aesthetic block added by this mod, one of which comes in two varieties, colored, and not colored. To craft the colored lamp is simple. Any color stained glass and any charged ingot/gem (soul ingot, soul gold, soul iron, soul gem, soul diamond, soul emerald). The recipe for the uncolored version is just normal glass instead of colored glass. Colored glass is crafted like so, and can be turned back into normal stained glass. That's about it, other than the magic beans are plantable. Do NOT ask for backwards compatibility with 1.6.4. It is out of date and I want to keep my mod current. Also, fancy renders. And lastly, if you read all of this, thank you. I hope you enjoy my mod seeing as I've spent around a two weeks developing it. I'd like to thank VSWE for his summer courses, they really helped me a lot in the custom item rendering department. Also a thanks to Ichun for that as well. I'd also like to thank a whole slew of mods for inspiration, such as Thuamcraft, Magical Crops, and Equivalent Exchange 3.