getting eclipse set up for modding

pipps17

so i wanted to start modding minecraft and looked at a tutorial on how to get started but it doesnt seem to work and eclipse refuses to run the minecraft launcher.
i have imported forge 1.12.2, ran the genEclipseRuns file, imported launch configurations, set my mc vertion from the run config but it refuses to run and spits out errors

does anyone know if i missed anything or did something wrong.

im using the latest eclipse, jdk and forge vertion 1.12.2 mdk

this is the error

[2021-05-08 15:23:39] [INFO   ] Natives: C:\Users\shaw\Desktop\test\build\natives 
[2021-05-08 15:23:39] [INFO   ] Main Class: net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch 
[2021-05-08 15:23:39] [INFO   ] Srg2Mcp: C:\Users\shaw\Desktop\test\build\createSrgToMcp\output.srg 
[2021-05-08 15:23:39] [INFO   ] Extra: [] 
[2021-05-08 15:23:39] [INFO   ] Running with arguments: [--version, 1.12.2, --assetIndex, 1.12, --assetsDir, C:\Users\shaw\.gradle\caches\forge_gradle\assets, --accessToken, {REDACTED}, --userProperties, [], --tweakClass, net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker] 
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
    at net.minecraftforge.legacydev.Main.start(Main.java:86)
    at net.minecraftforge.legacydev.MainClient.main(MainClient.java:29)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.<init>(Launch.java:34)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
    ... 6 more