Projectile's inaccuracy and damage affected by the attack speed attribute issue (1.16.4)

Babelincoln1809

I'm making my staff item have the attack speed attribute affect the projectile's inaccuracy and damage, the more you spam left click the more inaccurate and less damage the projectile does. The issue I'm running into is that it doesn't seem to work, or I'm not just noticing anything cause it's too small of a difference. Any help would be much appreciated

Heres the diamond staff class: https://pastebin.com/EmuLbHH9

Heres the abstract staff class (just incase): https://pastebin.com/ZvHCF0Jh

5 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You cannot store things like the Entity in your item class. There is only one instance of this class which is shared.

Where should I store it then? Also, I have multiple classes that do use the abstract class, I'm just showing the one cause there's really no need to show the others for the issue I'm having.

Edited by Babelincoln1809

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You need to decide what they should be bound to. If you want them to be bound to "the item", you probably want to store them in the ItemStack, potentially using a capability.

Okay, that fixes storing projectile issue I didn't know about lol. What about the inaccuracy/damage being affected by the ATTACK_SPEED attribute then?

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

Use LivingEntity#getAttributeValue to consider all things that modify the attack speed. That should give you a more useful value. Your calculation of modifiers is also completely broken, because you ignore the modifier mode entirely.

Huh okay, I'll look into it. Thank you, that gives me some guidance on what to look for!